Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

What I've believed all along:

One of the reasons the Magic traded for Jennings and Ersan Ilysasova was that team officials think the final two months of the season are critical for the long-term development of their young nucleus. Those young players need to win.

http://www.orlandose...0222-story.html

I think the recent trade was to challenge the young guns and teach them to win. The playoffs is a nice carrot to work towards that end.

They lost though. That is all that matters. And damn, it would have really helped to win last night against them.

That's really not all that matters when evaluating a rookie. If Mario had a big time game and we lost, people would still be excited.

"It sucks we lost but at least Mario looks like he finally had a breakout game." I can hear it now.

• Upvote 1

That's really not all that matters when evaluating a rookie. If Mario had a big time game and we lost, people would still be excited.

"It sucks we lost but at least Mario looks like he finally had a breakout game." I can hear it now.

Yup.

Dude you cracked the case. Now you can sleep easy.

I did it! smile_happypuppy.gif

I do find our situation with Henny interesting. Clearly he's a good scout, yet I wonder what kind of timeline (if any) he has to make this team consistently competitive again.

I do find our situation with Henny interesting. Clearly he's a good scout, yet I wonder what kind of timeline (if any) he has to make this team consistently competitive again.

I think this season we were meant to "win" but several of our players regressed. I guess the "defense" strategy that Skiles uses in his schemes was too much of a wake up call for our young team. EVERY players regressed this year. I'm disappointed in particular with Payton's lack of growth as a player. Oh well. Hopefully we win some of these close games. I'm tired of the moral victories. The Pacers game was such a letdown.

I don't think there's a set timeline. I think there's a mandate to more forward. If we constantly are moving forward then we're constantly growing positively.

Putting a timetable on things results in dumb deals. If we say "compete next year by any means necessary" we're going to blow our money on batum, Mike Conley, and Barnes and win 48 games for the next 3 years before falling off.

I think this season we were meant to "win" but several of our players regressed. I guess the "defense" strategy that Skiles uses in his schemes was too much of a wake up call for our young team. EVERY players regressed this year. I'm disappointed in particular with Payton's lack of growth as a player. Oh well. Hopefully we win some of these close games. I'm tired of the moral victories. The Pacers game was such a letdown.

While every player may have regressed(not sure if that's true) we have improved as a team. In the grand scheme of things we just want to keep winning more games than we did the last year.

While every player may have regressed(not sure if that's true) we have improved as a team. In the grand scheme of things we just want to keep winning more games than we did the last year.

I think it's an arguable position.

since the boston win 9 games ago:

Fournier has averaged 16.6 ppg 3 rpg 3 apg on 59/49/81 shooting in 32.8 mpg.

Oladipo is at 17.9 ppg 5.6 rpg 4.6 apg 2 spg on 44/28/83 shooting in 37 mpg.

Vucevic is at 19.4 ppg 10.7 rpg 3.7 apg 1.2 bpg on 47/0/70 shooting in 35 mpg

Gordon is at 9.2 ppg 10.9 rpg 1.3 spg 1.2 bpg on 40/18/58 shooting in 31 mpg

Mario is at 8.2 ppg on 43/32/100 shooting in 21 mpg

• Upvote 1

I think it's an arguable position.

I mean I could see the arguement. I'm just not sure if it's correct. So that means if we were to stay on current pace (35-47) the additions to the team (skiles smith Shabazz mario healthy Gordon not healthy watson) is worth 10 wins? I can see them being worth that and not worth that.

Edit: It would actually mean they are worth a little more than 10 wins being the rest of the team got somewhat worse.

I mean I could see the arguement. I'm just not sure if it's correct. So that means if we were to stay on current pace (35-47) the additions to the team (skiles smith Shabazz mario healthy Gordon not healthy watson) is worth 10 wins? I can see them being worth that and not worth that.

Edit: It would actually mean they are worth a little more than 10 wins being the rest of the team got somewhat worse.

I don't think it's correct either.