Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I would trade Dipo before I traded Fournier. I think we could net more from Dipo obviously but also think if we're keeping Payton him and Dipo will never be a contending tandem. Mario and Fournier playing at the same time gives this team a completely different dimension.

I know I'll get throttled for saying that, but oh well.

I would trade Dipo before I traded Fournier. I think we could net more from Dipo obviously but also think if we're keeping Payton him and Dipo will never be a contending tandem. Mario and Fournier playing at the same time gives this team a completely different dimension.

I know I'll get throttled for saying that, but oh well.

Myopic much?

Myopic much?

I dunno. I kinda see this team look sloppy when Dipo plays. There are definitely lineups where Fournier works. Tonight it did. I cringe every time Dipo carries the ball. Maybe it's just me.

I dunno. I kinda see this team look sloppy when Dipo plays. There are definitely lineups where Fournier works. Tonight it did. I cringe every time Dipo carries the ball. Maybe it's just me.

We outscored Boston 18-5 with Oladipo running point in the third quarter...

Fournier was +1

Oladipo was +1

Mario was +20

Its not just you. He struggles with the ball. And running the team, he can not facilitate. Off the ball he is good, but that's about it.

Its not just you. He struggles with the ball. And running the team, he can not facilitate. Off the ball he is good, but that's about it.

I agree. He can be a great scorer if facilitators around him gets him open shots or open lanes to drive. This happened today. Hezonja was giving him open looks. I've noticed for a long while that he doesn't make others around him better. Granted, seeing the team play without Dipo AND Payton shed some important observations that perhaps both of them are hurting the team. I don't believe Payton hurts the facilitating as much as Dipo does, but it's Payton's subpar shooting that hurts us. Happy with the win.

To add: Dipo needs to focus on scoring. Get open or find the open lanes. He shouldn't be carrying the ball. Plus focus on the defense.

Yes, there will be spurts where he appears to carry the team like he did today, but it doesn't look pretty. Luck plays a role and chaotic ball is the look of the Magic.

How the team looked without Dipo and Payton tonight. That to me shows promise.

Payton can facilitate when healthy. Dipo can learn to score at will. If both guys stay, use them where they can excel.

Fournier was +1

Oladipo was +1

Mario was +20

I watched the game tonight. Fournier >>> Dipo tonight vs. Celtics. No stat will convince me otherwise of this. Fournier and Mario tandem with AG was beautiful to watch.

When Dipo runs the offense or has the ball, as someone else noticed, he is fidgety and doesn't make the best decisions. Seriously, if Skiles tells him to just get open and score and let others create, Dipo can be a 20+ scorer every night.

I see in Mario perhaps the future facilitator we really need. Was big on Payton, but after seeing this lineup flourish, I'd like to see more:

Gordon

Harris

Vuc

Fournier

Mario

What I love about the above lineup is that everyone was balling, including Harris. We looked like a good team.

I see now it's on and off with Payton. But I tell you, it ain't pretty when Dipo runs the offense. It perturbs me that only half the people see it. Dipo doesn't make others around him play better. That lineup above will make defending our team difficult and allow our interior guys to score too. It will be a defensive nightmare for the opposing team. Our own defense, however, may suffer, but at least we will have a taller lineup.

The idea of letting go of Dipo and then handing over the kind of money it will take to keep Fournier on this team makes me want to vomit. With Dipo I know what I will get. The guy will run through a brick wall on command and do nothing different. Of course he struggles handling the ball. He's not a damn point guard and everyone knows this. But he is the kind of glue guy a team needs and is the perfect off ball SG when you have a SF like Mario bombing away from downtown.

Sure Evan looked great tonight. Evan also looked like an all-star earlier this year. And between then and now he has been about as inconsistent a player as we have on the roster. And this is the guy that could be commanding a 10-13 million dollar contract in a year, possibly even more? No way in hell. Maybe 6-8 at the most. But he is not worth that, and he is not worth giving up a do everything player like Vic.

I also feel that if were really looking at breaking up this backcourt, which still feels a bit premature personally, then we are looking at the wrong guard. Payton just does not seem ready to run a team, especially not with any of the current players as his wing mates, be it Evan or Vic. It almost feels like we got Payton to late. I think he would have excelled with a very steady precision shooter like JJ or Korver next to him, someone who literally could not be ignored and forced the defense to be a bit more spread out. But this team isn't set up like that and I just don't feel Payton is there yet.

Also, yes the lineup may have finished off the game, but a no PG lineup isn't going to win in this league. It worked against Boston. Cool. Lets see if that crap flies against the Warriors or the Spurs (it won't).

Until a trade happens, I'd like to see a starting lineup of Payton, Hezonja, Harris, Gordon and Vooch, with Dipo as our super sixth man again. I believe that would balance out our play more.