Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Fairly soon people will know that AG is ACTUALLY our BEST player, with Payton being a close second. Can someone research the PER 100 offense and defense of this lineup?

Frye

Gordon

Vucevic

Dipo

Payton

I'm curious about the above lineup because perhaps putting Harris and Fournier coming off the bench could potentially beef up the second unit's offense. I think the SL above would be strong defensively while still making use of Frye to give our drivers room to maneuver. That SL only works if Dipo's three shot continues to fall like as of late.

He's not yet, but he's still only 20... He's our one guy on the roster that might be a superstar one day

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 54m54 minutes ago

Cautiously excited ORL is playing Harris and Gordon together more lately -- to good results. Interesting possibilities.

Zach Lowe always shows us a lot of love

Gordon needs to play more, despite being the youngest player on the team his advanced metrics are stellar.

Yeah. I think he's probably our best player. Especially considering everything he does on offense is by accident. It's not like were running any plays for him.

I think Harris was worth the contract. However, Skiles is the wrong coach for him period. He held him back in Milwaukee and he is doing it again. Tobias use to play closer to the basket much more than he does this year.

Whatever it is, they just don't need to work together. If we're set with Skiles, trade Harris if we can get good value.

I know this is not a trade board, but if Cousins can be had for Vucevic and Fournier (and Gordon or Hezonja if we must), and locked up for a few years, we are foolish not to. If it doesn't work, you'll have no trouble trading him elsewhere. If it works, we have our star big man and a potential star PG in Payton. Even consider Harris

Cousins has his issues but it never affects his play. We can give him the ball anytime he wants it. Gordon can do the dirty work. Hezonja can be a pure shooter. Oladipo can still be our spark. Frye can keep taking his 3's. SGs and SF's are easy to replace.

Vucevic with higher scoring and much better athleticism and defense. Arguably the best big man. Makes us very desirable to free agents, even Durant.

Even if we have to give up Gordon instead of Harris. Cousins is only 25, and has not reached his prime. We will have a 6 year window easily (allowing 2 years to fill out the team).

We're giving up alot, but a 25 year old star won't come cheap anytime. Even in 5 years, Gordon won't be Cousins.

Yeah. I think he's probably our best player. Especially considering everything he does on offense is by accident. It's not like were running any plays for him.

Watched some of the game this morning and Frye just needs to come off the bench. Start AG. Watching Frye defend the puck and rolls is hard to watch.

I also wonder we're not posting Harris up more. Why is he only an shooter/iso player?

We won't get a star without giving up Gordon or Hezonja sadly. But, Mario hasn't shown enough and is a guard. We have to blow the other team away with any offer. If you're a GM, you want a solid piece or two and potential. Giving us a star makes our draft picks non-lottery picks because some free agent would join us for sure.

Cousins for one is proven. Gordon is simply potential.

As much as we hope, we can't have it both ways. We didn't get the picks we needed and our team needs to pick a direction and go. We have a hodge podge roster with no clear direction.