Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Watching OKC make twice as many free throws as we attempt sure is gonna be fun.

Honestly, we should just move on and take the 0-2.

Just kidding, but honestly, this is going to be frustrating to watch. I really wanted to win that game vs WAS because I anticipated a big loss tonight.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GRANTLAND DIED!!!!!

*You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message *

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GRANTLAND DIED!!!!!

*You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message *

Did everyone not see that coming from a million miles away?

Did everyone not see that coming from a million miles away?

Yeah but it doesn't make it any more tragic.

Plus ESPN is potentially under no obligation to give us any Zach Lowe.

i hope you guys are ready for 6 months of "is kobe done", "can dwight howard win", "LEBRON!", and "should [team x] fire/trade [player/coach]" because that's all we're getting. Hot takes rule the day now.

Honestly, my hope is that HBO just lets Simmons put up a mostly subscription based site and takes all the best writers to it.

I say that sincerely. Before ESPN let all its best sportswriters leave, Insider was absolutely worth 10 dollars a month. A version of Grantland that had even less interest in banal stories that every other site is running? Essentially a cross between Grantland, Ball Don't Lie circa '08, and FreeDarko circa '06? Oh man, that would be tremendous.

Thought somebody here was going crazy and posted "JJ and Diener are defensive liabilities". Turns out I was on the wrong page.

As for articles, another grantland will come up sooner or later.

Just kidding, but honestly, this is going to be frustrating to watch. I really wanted to win that game vs WAS because I anticipated a big loss tonight.

My thoughts exactly. Washington is the kind of team we have to start beating at home if we want to be legit. Last year they already beat us with a buzzer beater in Orlando after a brain-fart from every player

Honestly, my hope is that HBO just lets Simmons put up a mostly subscription based site and takes all the best writers to it.

I say that sincerely. Before ESPN let all its best sportswriters leave, Insider was absolutely worth 10 dollars a month. A version of Grantland that had even less interest in banal stories that every other site is running? Essentially a cross between Grantland, Ball Don't Lie circa '08, and FreeDarko circa '06? Oh man, that would be tremendous.

Yeah, i dont do ESPN insider because 90% of it seems to be lists. its buzzfeed for sports. you wont believe who Chad Ford ranked at number 1 this week!!!

The rest of the free stuff at ESPN is insulting. They find whatever riles people up and milk it for as many clicks as possible. Marcus Mariotta gets a speeding ticket? Put a picture of Jameis Winston up and title the article "Star QB in trouble with the law". No stories going on in the middle of july? Tell Chris Mortenson to say that Colin Kaepernick is potentially the greatest quarterback of all time. then have 6 stories about it and have 9 hours of radio coverage on it today.

Its all because ESPN is obsessed with growth so they cater to the stupid because stupid people will click on things that make them mad and advertisers look at clicks as the only way to measure visibility of their ads.

Stupid people and college kids are the only groups largely watching ESPN during the day on weekdays so their programming caters to stupid people.

other than live sports i have no reason to go to espn.

I just paid £160 for a ticket to see the Magic in London... I'm considering mental help.

why so much mate i paid less than half of that??