Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Parker for most of his career has been an elite offensive PG without the 3.

Joseph is a backup shooting 26%. Payton is shooting 34% and still passes up wide open shots.

MCW is a bum.

Evan Turner has shot over 34% twice in his career in which one season he only played 27 games.

Wade is a HOF player.

I get what you're saying so I guess it's less about the amount made and more about the amount of wide open shots passed up while shooting "well".

nah, I was just saying its not unprecedented levels of shooting. he's gone from 11/42 to 29/85 and I think we can expect periodic improvement.

It is still unlikely that Payton will ever be a good shooter, but I would be happy if he ends up mediocre at least.

The good news is that, compared to last year, he is shooting better from every distance besides the long 2.

It is still unlikely that Payton will ever be a good shooter, but I would be happy if he ends up mediocre at least.

The good news is that, compared to last year, he is shooting better from every distance besides the long 2.

he could relapse.

he could develop into a nice shooter.

I would have laughed at you if told me before the season Kemba Walker would hit near 120% more threes than last year and up his shooting percentage to 38%.

he could relapse.

he could develop into a nice shooter.

I would have laughed at you if told me before the season Kemba Walker would hit near 120% more threes than last year and up his shooting percentage to 38%.

Of course. I think we have to be realistic with our expectations though. If he can make a major improvement, I will be overjoyed. However, I think a more realistic expectation is for him to improve marginally. I would not be surprised if he made only a handful more threes next year on similar percentages.

He is still young though, so hopefully he can surprise me.

Barnettej is correct on this issue. This is one of the reasons I had not posted on here for little over a year. When I returned this season just after All Star Break to start a game thread, you yourself (Payton4thewin) asked me why didn't I join in on the discussions. So, I tried. But. . .you guessed it. . .I got flamed.

Soul Bro (a mod), whom I have so much respect for, welcomed me back.

Those of you who have been reading this board for many years may recall that back in 2007, I called out some message board members for constantly being rude and disrespectful to others whose opinions did not align with theirs. You know who you are. I won't use the term that I accused you of doing; however, you are doing it again in 2016.

I am a long-time member of the Florida State Seminoles Warchant message board, but I don't post there. I am a Florida girl, and I have lived here all my life. And, no, I did not graduate from Florida State University. I was a fan long before Bobby Bowden was hired as head football coach. As a fan, I go all the way back before Deion Sanders played football at FSU.

My point is, Gene Williams (aka Dot Com) is the creator of the Florida State Seminoles Warchant message board. Gene would NEVER aloud this. He made it clear that he will not tolerate the use of derogatory words or comments directed at any member of the message board, also, athletes, coaches, etc. And he lives up to those rules. I have seen where members were sent on long vacations or banned for continuously ignoring the rules.

I know some of you will argue that this is a message board. It doesn't matter. You should still respect the rights of others to express their opinions.

Many TBN members have complained about this type of behavior since the time I posted a complaint in 2007. This is one of the reasons many of them stopped posting on here.

In my opinion, using words like "dumb", in connection with a comment made by a fellow board member, is gross and disrespectful.

This kind of behavior is sad, especially when a mod is guilty of it and doesn't give support to the rights of all members of this message board.

GO MAGIC!!!

I would like to applaude the above approach and the fellow fan for documenting it.

This is supposedly the franchise's official forum, and yet the attidute of even some of the moderators is utterly disgraceful. The board cannot be even considered family-friendly with any degree of honesty. This is mind boggling.

At the end of the day, my disappointment lies with the ownership and the media management department. If the organisation thinks that forums are dead at this day and age, they should just shut it down and focus on the platforms they actually want to support.

There is no point in asking of 25-year old volunteers to meet basic decency standards in any area that bears the official Magic logo. This should be somebody's job, period.

Again, thanks to the fan in quote.

Go Magic.

• Upvote 2

I would like to applaude the above approach and the fellow fan for documenting it.

This is supposedly the franchise's official forum, and yet the attidute of even some of the moderators is utterly disgraceful. The board cannot be even considered family-friendly with any degree of honesty. This is mind boggling.

At the end of the day, my disappointment lies with the ownership and the media management department. If the organisation thinks that forums are dead at this day and age, they should just shut it down and focus on the platforms they actually want to support.

There is no point in asking of 25-year old volunteers to meet basic decency standards in any area that bears the official Magic logo. This should be somebody's job, period.

Go Magic.

Lol

• Upvote 1

Go Magic.

Go Magic.

Why are you against free speech? We as fans should be free to express our opinion and debate. Sometimes it's not always "family friendly attitude" per say, but other forums are way worse.

Go Magic.

Complaining about the lack of decency standards from the mods while utterly disrespecting the mods...

Look, I get it; you think the conversation in here should be policed like a kindergarten class. I just don't really know why.

Anyone that has been here longer than a few years knows exactly what they are talking about. There was a problem on this board that directly led to decreased traffic/popularity and it drove away not only new posters but many of the originals that made this place what it was. There was a clique here that felt it necessary to deride anyone who thought differently or didn't appeal up to their perceived...cleverness... They are gone now for the most part, and this board is better for it. That spat regarding Barnette was not egregious by any means, but it is never wise to be dismissive towards a soldier from any branch. It is in poor taste considering they would likely do more to help you than most of your friends would-if the situation arose. That doesn't mean they are above scrutiny, more respect would go a long way here regardless of how you feel toward anyone's particular point of pride.

• Upvote 1

I see good improvement in his overall offensive game, considering that many pg's go through a sophomore slump I am not disappointed with where he's at. I still think he's our pg of the future.

Anyone that has been here longer than a few years knows exactly what they are talking about. There was a problem on this board that directly led to decreased traffic/popularity and it drove away not only new posters but many of the originals that made this place what it was. There was a clique here that felt it necessary to deride anyone who thought differently or didn't appeal up to their perceived...cleverness... They are gone now for the most part, and this board is better for it. That spat regarding Barnette was not egregious by any means, but it is never wise to be dismissive towards a soldier from any branch. It is in poor taste considering they would likely do more to help you than most of your friends would-if the situation arose. That doesn't mean they are above scrutiny, more respect would go a long way here regardless of how you feel toward anyone's particular point of pride.

The problem that led to decreased popularity was moving to a new message board client which caused two things to happen

1. Passwords needed to be reset but there was an issue effecting around 80% of the email notifications where they just wouldn't go out. With no way to contact us most people just gave up.

2. When people would create a new account they require validation from someone with admin capabilities. Those posters don't show up anymore so we have to contact Dan to do it himself.

3. When I figured this out three years ago I set up a Facebook link to message me outside of the normal message board functions and I would then send a message to Dan and he would fix the validation or password issue. This worked initially until Facebook changed their privacy policy and all the messages from people I don't know went directly to a spam folder. I didn't figure this out until right before this season.

So the majority of posters suffer from a technical issue (which is totally fixable if you send me an email. See the validation sticky topic). The others just had life happen. Some died. Some moved. Some went from 16-24 year olds with all the time in the world to adults with much less time. The adults on the board 6 years ago went from guys with no kids or young kids to older kids that are going to school and playing their own sports. For them, spending time with their kids is more important than discussing the prospects of a 20 something win team.

And maybe it was always just wins. It started in 2006. That was the beginning of the upswing for the Dwight teams. If we make the playoffs I bet we'll have significantly greater traffic.

I think all of these points make a whole lot more sense than me saying "I disagree" with something you said. Debate is good.