Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

He's had the "keys" to the offense since he got in Orlando. The problem is, that's when a lot of the "bad" Dipo happened. He's been given a ton of minutes and opportunity since the second he got here. He's just shooting better lately and letting the game come to him.

Vujevich and Harris were getting a huge portion of shots

Vujevich and Harris were getting a huge portion of shots

Oladipo has had every opportunity in the world since he's been here to takeover games. Issue is he wasn't ready to do so. He's just now reaching that point where he seems to have turned a corner and we're seeing just how good he can be.

Harris was tuned out of the offense pretty much all year. There have been plenty of times when Vuch was out "injured" and Dipo still couldn't do what he's been doing. He's just grown as a player. Not like the coaching staff (vaughn or skiles) were holding him back.

It seems Dipo has come out of his shell. Vuc not being there as option 1 and Dipo paired with Jennings in the backcourt appears to yield good results for Dipo as a goto scorer.

Imagine that with a Dwight type player in the middle...

As i watch gobert flounder on my fantasy team...in the finals.. I have to wonder, would the jazz consider a gobert for vuc trade? Or a favors for vuc trade? They have two defensive bigs, seems like they could benefit from having an offensive threat down there

As i watch gobert flounder on my fantasy team...in the finals.. I have to wonder, would the jazz consider a gobert for vuc trade? Or a favors for vuc trade? They have two defensive bigs, seems like they could benefit from having an offensive threat down there

Gobert wouldn't work because of the money, Favors may. I like both. Somehow the Jazz just always have good C's and PF's.

Can Favors play "Center"? Would he work next to Gordon? I really liked Favors before Gordon began to come along. It was purely statistically based as ive watched very little of him actually playing.

I'd be all for Favors!

Can Favors play "Center"? Would he work next to Gordon? I really liked Favors before Gordon began to come along. It was purely statistically based as ive watched very little of him actually playing.

I'd be all for Favors!

Sure he can "play" Center, but he's listed as a PF. He plays center plenty of the time though. Crazy he's only 24, feels like he's been in the league for 6 years. Oh wait, he has. I doubt Utah wants to break that Favors/Gobert duo up, but if it involved Vuch who knows. Gordon and Favors would be small, but they both rebound well and play defense.

Weird thing I just realized:

From October - December, Victor Oladipo went 28 for 104 from 3. That's 26.9%.

Since January 1st, Victor Oladipo has gone 60 for 147. That's 40.8%.

There's a reason his TS% the first 3 months of the year were absolutely putrid, and have been above or way above league average in every month of 2016 so far.

Weird thing I just realized:

From October - December, Victor Oladipo went 28 for 104 from 3. That's 26.9%.

Since January 1st, Victor Oladipo has gone 60 for 147. That's 40.8%.

There's a reason his TS% the first 3 months of the year were absolutely putrid, and have been above or way above league average in every month of 2016 so far.

It's a fun weird statistic. He's probably a 36% three point shooter but instead of having a typical blend of successful and unsuccessful shooting nights he decided to have an entire season of outliers on both ends of the spectrum. Like flipping a coin tails 25 times in a row followed by heads 25 in a row

It's a fun weird statistic. He's probably a 36% three point shooter but instead of having a typical blend of successful and unsuccessful shooting nights he decided to have an entire season of outliers on both ends of the spectrum. Like flipping a coin tails 25 times in a row followed by heads 25 in a row

This has always kind of been Dipo's thing. It's like he goes 3-14 from the field or 10-14. There's rarely the in-between 7-14. But now he's been just consistently good. Hopefully he can just continue to play good while finding a nice balance on offense.

Victor Oladipo: "I Changed My Mindset"

``I changed my mindset to, `Every shot is going in.’ It’s just belief,’’ said Oladipo, whose Magic (29-39) play in Toronto (47-21) on Sunday at 4:30 p.m. ``I’m working so hard and I work hard all of the time. So to go out there and second guess myself, there’s no need to work hard, then. So I just go out there and let it fly and have fun. When you have fun that’s when you are at your best and that’s what I try to do every game.’’

Oladipo finishing really strongly for us could be enough to intrigue some free agents into considering ORL. Also, if he has truly turned a corner, I think maybe Fournier will find himself in a similar situation as Toby did - get a big contract then traded away the following season.