Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Gordon hezonja Payton Oladipo Vuc that is my order of keepers. And I think u could easily flip ag an mh they are that close. But I don't want to give up ANY of the top 3.

I just dont see payton that high.

Oladipo and vuc are definetely above him. A lot of oeople under value Vic a lot. Especially on that contract. He is a keeper.

Gordon hezonja Payton Oladipo Vuc that is my order of keepers. And I think u could easily flip ag an mh they are that close. But I don't want to give up ANY of the top 3.

We have 2 keepers on this team, Mario & AG. All the other spots i'd be good with an upgrade via Free agency. I'll take crap for it on here, but Payton will never be a premier NBA PG, I'd be happy with signing a PG this year or next year. Dipo is up and down and I don't think that ever changes with him. Vuch is elite on one end, and a liability on the other. AG & Mario are the only 2 players on this team that I can say with complete confidence will be successful NBA starters for years to come.

• Upvote 1

We have 2 keepers on this team, Mario & AG. All the other spots i'd be good with an upgrade via Free agency. I'll take crap for it on here, but Payton will never be a premier NBA PG, I'd be happy with signing a PG this year or next year. Dipo is up and down and I don't think that ever changes with him. Vuch is elite on one end, and a liability on the other. AG & Mario are the only 2 players on this team that I can say with complete confidence will be successful NBA starters for years to come.

Depends on how you define premier.

He's showing positive signs of being "good" lately. I don't think we'd be disadvantaged with a fully developed Payton as our starting point guard.

But yeah, in a league where the top point guards are capable of putting up 50 I don't think Payton ever becomes a top 8 point guard.

Small forward Evan Fournier says he hopes to be back from a right wrist injury soon – and return to the Magic as a part of their future.

Fournier is having his best season as a pro and hopes to parlay it into his first significant multi-year contract.

“Hopefully, yeah,” said Fournier, when asked if he would like to re-sign with the Magic. “I really like to play for this team. I’m having my best year so far. There’s no reason for me to leave.”

Depends on how you define premier.

He's showing positive signs of being "good" lately. I don't think we'd be disadvantaged with a fully developed Payton as our starting point guard.

But yeah, in a league where the top point guards are capable of putting up 50 I don't think Payton ever becomes a top 8 point guard.

This is kind of what I mean. The NBA is in an era of GREAT point guard play. Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Lowry, Lillard, Wall, Kemba, Conley, Thomas, Kyrie, just naming some off the top of my head.

I'm not saying Payton is a bad player nor a bad PG by any stretch, but I would be all for an upgrade at that position. Payton just struggles to often. I'm not against giving him another year next year to really see if he can be a franchise PG, but I personally don't see him ever being a top 10 player at the position.

Which I guess you don't need your PG to be top 10 at the position in order to be great, but I can't speak on that because idk how the roster is going to look in the future or even 6 months from now.

I agree with these 100%

Payton needs time.. 2nd year.. Some people are way too impatient & flip flop from month to month.

The fact is, as much as everyone on here loves all of our young guys, they're not all going to be stars. Just not the way it works. IMO Payton will be a fringe starter his entire career. He'll have his moments, but won't be consistent enough to be a big time guard. You say to be patient, which in theory is great, but (not just referring to Payton) sometimes you have to evaluate talent that isn't fully developed and hope you make the right calls.

Complete hypothetical here, but let's say we sign Conley this off-season, trade Payton away sometime next season and he becomes an all star with his new team and a top 5 point guard in the NBA. Yes, that would suck.

But, (and this is where that evaluating talent before it's fully developed thing comes in) let's say we sign Conley in the off-season, Payton backs up Conley for a while, we trade Payton, and with his new team he just kind of shows that he's best suited as a backup NBA point guard. Now cutting ties with Payton looks great. (Again, hypothetical, you could put any player in this scenario)

And for the record, I love Payton. I really do. I'm just being unbiased in my evaluation of where I see him. I'm probably wrong.

This is kind of what I mean. The NBA is in an era of GREAT point guard play. Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Lowry, Lillard, Wall, Kemba, Conley, Thomas, Kyrie, just naming some off the top of my head.

Kyle Lowry in his second year averaged 9.6 pts and 3.6 assists.

Mike Conley in his second year averaged 10.9 pts and 4.3 assists.

Isaiah Thomas in his second year averaged 13.9 pts and 4.0 assists.

Elfrid Payton in his second year is averaging 10.7 pts and 6.0 assists.

I don't see as much superstar potential in Elfrid as I used to because he just has too much of a laid back personality, but he's going to be better than a fringe starter in the NBA. He will at least be a solid starting point guard.

Kyle Lowry in his second year averaged 9.6 pts and 3.6 assists.

Mike Conley in his second year averaged 10.9 pts and 4.3 assists.

Isaiah Thomas in his second year averaged 13.9 pts and 4.0 assists.

Elfrid Payton in his second year is averaging 10.7 pts and 6.0 assists.

I don't see as much superstar potential in Elfrid as I used to because he just has too much of a laid back personality, but he's going to be better than a fringe starter in the NBA. He will at least be a solid starting point guard.

Look at those guys' true shooting % and winshares per 48 for their 2nd season and then look at Payton's.

There's a reason why people are over him.

• Upvote 1

Look at those guys' true shooting % and winshares per 48 for their 2nd season and then look at Payton's.

There's a reason why people are over him.

Not saying I don't understand the frustration with him. Just saying that most guys aren't all-stars in their second seasons. EP is frustrating as hell because we know the talent is there, it's the drive that's a question more than anything else.

Not saying I don't understand the frustration with him. Just saying that most guys aren't all-stars in their second seasons. EP is frustrating as hell because we know the talent is there, it's the drive that's a question more than anything else.

I don't think there is a question of heart or drive with Payton. I see a ball dominate pg who is trying to fit in with a skiles ball movement offense where the ball is taken out of his hands alot.

An offense that is designed by a ball dominate pg back when he played. Weird.