Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I've been a debbie downer this season but I wish our team and our players the best. This next game against the Pacers is of extreme importance and would be a huge boost to our morale if we won.

Same here re: Dipo. Only mentioned bc of the story about Gators wanting to unite in Orlando.. (Horford and Noah)

My dream like most others is Durant and whoever else makes sense to take us to the promise land.

Really? Did Noah said that? I know there are reports that Horford has said he will consider Orlando. Now, this could be a way of them increasing their selling pitch as teams now know that orlando can get Two high level agents in the offseason.

I have never heard anything in regards of Noah tho. Any links?

I've been a debbie downer this season but I wish our team and our players the best. This next game against the Pacers is of extreme importance and would be a huge boost to our morale if we won.

We can go 6 in a row. We can win that golden state game at home.

We can go 6 in a row. We can win that golden state game at home.

Yeah, our team is deep and pretty awesome when focused. I still have a tough time believing what happened in January. And we're not that far from the playoffs even with that awful run

Ok. Jennings has a cap hold of 12.5 million and Fournier has a cap hold of 5.7 million.

We have something like 34.5 million in salary committed in contracts assuming we waive Ilyasova and find a new home for Shabazz.

So assuming a salary cap of 92 million we'll have 57.5 million if we renounce everyone. Including Fournier and Jennings. We'd have Vucevic, Oladipo, Watson, Gordon, Hezonja, and Payton on the roster.

A max contract for horford would be 32.2 million.

A max contract for Durant would be 27.5 million.

Thus we would need to move someone like Watson and not take on a first round draft pick to sign horford and Durant unless they sign slightly reduced deals. We could sign Durant and keep the rights of Fournier and Jennings and still have around 13 million remaining for another free agent.

The only way we could resign Fournier and Jennings and add horford and Durant to max deals would be if we moved Vucevic and Watson and convince Jennings to sign a deal at less than his cap hold. Then we would sign Jennings first (lowering his cap number).

I'd rather pass on Horford for that money wow. That's insane

Yep this push for Horford boggles my mind when we have a cheaper capable center as is and we also have a young stud PF.

The absolute only way I'd ever sign horford under these conditions is if Durant said you sign him I come. Other than that it would be the dumbest signing.

Next FA class is the year to blow money not this year.

Really? Did Noah said that? I know there are reports that Horford has said he will consider Orlando. Now, this could be a way of them increasing their selling pitch as teams now know that orlando can get Two high level agents in the offseason.

I have never heard anything in regards of Noah tho. Any links?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-mike-bianchi-saturday-circus-0220-20160219-column.html#nt=oft12aH-1gp2

I'd much rather have Millsap than Horford... But, we already struck out swinging on that one...

I'll also be the first to admit that I am a full-blown Gator Hater

‏@OMagicDaily Someone asked me to calculate this last night, Nowitzki scored just three points on 1-for-9 shooting with Gordon guarding him. #Magic

Yep this push for Horford boggles my mind when we have a cheaper capable center as is and we also have a young stud PF.

The absolute only way I'd ever sign horford under these conditions is if Durant said you sign him I come. Other than that it would be the dumbest signing.

Next FA class is the year to blow money not this year.

Obviously Durant would be the dream free agent to come to us but I actually don't see it happening. We could surprise but I'm going with what we actually may do instead.

I actually agree with you. Gordon is definitely the power forward of the Magic future. I'd say forget Horford and go with younger vets. I could see a combination of these players being either brought in or these players coming back.

Derozan/Jennings

Barnes/Jennings

Fournier/Jennings

Conley/Barnes

Conley/Fournier

Conley/Derozan

Derozan/Fournier

Fournier/Barnes

Of course this is all depending on where they determine is the best fit for Fournier. I think we all like him at SF but they could start him at SG to space the floor if they brought in Barnes. There's tons of possibilities.

I also feel we should let Dedmon and Nicholson walk, see if we can trade Watson (if we sign Jennings or Conley), resign Jason Smith, and bring in a PF/C like Hickson.