Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Also, question; do we own jennings bird rights? Ie if we were to land horford and durant/derozen, could we go over the cap to resign jennings?

Fournier would obviously be let go in this scenario (hopefully with a pick in return)

Elf, jennings

Dipo, mario

Durant, gordon

Horford, gordon

Vuc, draft pick

If we keep Jennings, there is zero chance he comes off the bench for Payton. Zero.

Also, zero percent chance we can keep Forunier, Jennings and sign Durant and Horford. I get it's your dream scenario, but we should try to keep it semi-realistic.

If we somehow get Durant, I'd let Fournier walk and give those mins to Mario. I can see Jennings being a 6th man on a championship caliber team, which we would be if we somehow had Durant, Horford, and our young guys.

If we keep Jennings, there is zero chance he comes off the bench for Payton. Zero.

Also, zero percent chance we can keep Forunier, Jennings and sign Durant and Horford. I get it's your dream scenario, but we should try to keep it semi-realistic.

This is a false statement. Both Jennings and Fournier have bird rights so technically we can sign Durant and Horford first before signing both Jennings and Fournier. I believe that's the main reason Henny made the deal was to keep Jennings for the long haul.

This is a false statement. Both Jennings and Fournier have bird rights so technically we can sign Durant and Horford first before signing both Jennings and Fournier. I believe that's the main reason Henny made the deal was to keep Jennings for the long haul.

You realize Fournier and Jennings are going to get big contracts right? Do you want to be able to pay Gordon and Dipo? I don't know how it breaks down, others on here know better, but couldn't see how we could have the space to sign Jennings/Fournier/Durant/Horford. That would have to take up all our cap and some.

You realize Fournier and Jennings are going to get big contracts right? Do you want to be able to pay Gordon and Dipo? I don't know how it breaks down, others on here know better, but couldn't see how we could have the space to sign Jennings/Fournier/Durant/Horford. That would have to take up all our cap and some.

Because we would have Gordon & Dipo's bird rights, it has no salary implications and we can continue going over the cap for them. That's how the system works.

If we somehow get Durant, I'd let Fournier walk and give those mins to Mario. I can see Jennings being a 6th man on a championship caliber team, which we would be if we somehow had Durant, Horford, and our young guys.

Yea in the dream sceanrio if we can get Durant everyone on here would be fine letting Fournier walk. But, again, Jennings is not coming off the bench for Payton for a couple of reasons:

1) He isn't going to sign anywhere where he isn't going to be a starter. There are a handful of teams that will be glad to sign Jennings in the off -season as a starter.

2) He's better than Payton now. More than likely he starts over Payton before the year is up. That's not to say I'm giving up on Payton, but if the goal is to win more now, Jennings gives us the best shot at that. Or maybe Payton keeps starting but Jennings will end up playing more minutes.

3) We aren't going to pay Jennings a fat contract to come off the bench, and if Jennings finishes out the year strong, you can bet he will be getting paid handsomely in the summer.

Because we would have Gordon & Dipo's bird rights, it has no salary implications and we can continue going over the cap for them. That's how the system works.

I'll let one of the salary experts handle this one. If were realistic about how Fournier and Jennings contracts will look, I don't see how it will be possible to pay big contracts to Fournier, Jennings, Horford, Durant and Vuch. But again, I'll let an expert handle this one if they want because I don't feel like doing the math, its Saturday.

Yea in the dream sceanrio if we can get Durant everyone on here would be fine letting Fournier walk. But, again, Jennings is not coming off the bench for Payton for a couple of reasons:

1) He isn't going to sign anywhere where he isn't going to be a starter. There are a handful of teams that will be glad to sign Jennings in the off -season as a starter.

2) He's better than Payton now. More than likely he starts over Payton before the year is up. That's not to say I'm giving up on Payton, but if the goal is to win more now, Jennings gives us the best shot at that. Or maybe Payton keeps starting but Jennings will end up playing more minutes.

3) We aren't going to pay Jennings a fat contract to come off the bench, and if Jennings finishes out the year strong, you can bet he will be getting paid handsomely in the summer.

Jennings will take over as the starter at some point for the foreseeable future imo. Payton just isn't ready yet until he develops a shot.

I prefer to dream lol. My sarcasm doesn't get noticed too much on here I think lol

I'll let one of the salary experts handle this one. If were realistic about how Fournier and Jennings contracts will look, I don't see how it will be possible to pay big contracts to Fournier, Jennings, Horford, Durant and Vuch. But again, I'll let an expert handle this one if they want because I don't feel like doing the math, its Saturday.

Vooch is signed already