Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Well trading for him now would rid us of Frye's contract. There's one advantage.

eh, good franchises dont dump two first round draft picks for a guy who's likely to leave after 58 games and is equally likely to improve us (does what frye does but better) as destroy our strengths and be relegated to a bench role (not just that he's a bad defender, he's 3 months behind in Skiles scheme).

I'm cool with dumping our draft picks, but I think this is a better gamble:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oec5j8j

eh, good franchises dont dump two first round draft picks for a guy who's likely to leave after 58 games and is equally likely to improve us (does what frye does but better) as destroy our strengths and be relegated to a bench role (not just that he's a bad defender, he's 3 months behind in Skiles scheme).

Interesting trade. Definitely beef up our internal defense, which is good. But it has the potential to clog the floor and worsen our shooting woes. With Payton as starting PG, we need the lanes open for him. A stretch 4 like Millsap would have been the best.

Interesting trade. Definitely beef up our internal defense, which is good. But it has the potential to clog the floor and worsen our shooting woes. With Payton as starting PG, we need the lanes open for him. A stretch 4 like Millsap would have been the best.

Oh, that trade isn't for Noah, it's for Bobby Portis. We can waive Noah or play him at backup 5 or trade him to portland for nothing.

Oh, that trade isn't for Noah, it's for Bobby Portis. We can waive Noah or play him at backup 5 or trade him to portland for nothing.

Don't know anything about Portis but I'll take your word on it. Must be an up and coming stretch 4?

Don't know anything about Portis but I'll take your word on it. Must be an up and coming stretch 4?

Imagine if Tobias Harris was 6'11 and played angry all of the time.

He's not a traditional power forward and he's going to be a not great three point shooter but can probably hit 32% on a high volume or maybe a higher percentage on a low volume. He shot 47% from three in college but only attempted 30 in his last year. He hit like 42% in summer league. But i wouldn't count on that translating.

But he's the best bet to be Millsap-ish in a while.

Chicago is making a playoff run and needs to stock up on varied talent. Portis likely wont play at all this year unless injuries or trades get rid of Noah, Gibson, Gasol, or Mirotic. Even then, in the playoffs Gibson, gasol, and Mirotic are likely to command 85 out of the 96 available minutes in the playoffs

Fournier gives them a secondary scorer to Jimmy Butler with the ability to resign him long term if they need to. Frye does what Mirotic does but better and requires less minutes than Noah.

We give up a bit more than we'd like to but open up more time for gordon and Hezonja. We get a 20 year old Power Forward that fits what we like to do. Nicholson can start for a while.

The proposed trade involved Frye and one draft pick (the worse of ours and the Lakers- which I'm not sure is even being conveyed to us this year). Obviously you only make the deal if you are willing to re-sign Anderson at up to a max contract (which is certainly debatable). I do like your trade proposal though.

Imagine if Tobias Harris was 6'11 and played angry all of the time.

He's not a traditional power forward and he's going to be a not great three point shooter but can probably hit 32% on a high volume or maybe a higher percentage on a low volume. He shot 47% from three in college but only attempted 30 in his last year. He hit like 42% in summer league. But i wouldn't count on that translating.

But he's the best bet to be Millsap-ish in a while.

Chicago is making a playoff run and needs to stock up on varied talent. Portis likely wont play at all this year unless injuries or trades get rid of Noah, Gibson, Gasol, or Mirotic. Even then, in the playoffs Gibson, gasol, and Mirotic are likely to command 85 out of the 96 available minutes in the playoffs

Fournier gives them a secondary scorer to Jimmy Butler with the ability to resign him long term if they need to. Frye does what Mirotic does but better and requires less minutes than Noah.

We give up a bit more than we'd like to but open up more time for gordon and Hezonja. We get a 20 year old Power Forward that fits what we like to do. Nicholson can start for a while.

On a team starved for shooting, you want to trade two of our better shooters for a washed up center who duplicates Dedmon, and a rookie who has played a total of 27 NBA minutes? Are you giving up on this year already? I liked Portis coming out of college, but I need to see more before I make that trade.

The comment about Frye doing what Mirotic does but better was a joke, right??????

What gets me is his 3 point shots are generally good shots. I just wish he would make more!

I'm glad he he is taking less but a question that probably can't be answered is what is he doing with those 3 point shots he is now passing up.

Hopefully the ones he is passing up on are ones that could be considered not good shots. If they are good shots I rather he continue to take them.

On a team starved for shooting, you want to trade two of our better shooters for a washed up center who duplicates Dedmon, and a rookie who has played a total of 27 NBA minutes? Are you giving up on this year already? I liked Portis coming out of college, but I need to see more before I make that trade.

The comment about Frye doing what Mirotic does but better was a joke, right??????

Mirotic is a worse shooting Frye. I'm thinking Fournier leaves after the season and portis is going to be unobtainable as soon as he gets minutes.

Ok, so let me understand this.

We just had our best and more impressive road win of the season. This after a devastating loss at home to the Cavaliers and All are we discussing is how to improve the team with trades?

1. AN is NOT and will never be anything remotely close to Tim Duncan. I am very pleasantly surprise with his work ethics and maturity this year. He can be a 12/7 consistant guy of the bench.

2. Porter is no better than a combination of Gordon and AN. Giving away picks for an unproven rookie will not make this team better at the moment.

It is not a good idea to give away Fournier like that when he has proven to be a very good and reliable player which can help immensely during playoff time. He reminds me a little of Hedo. Time will tell. He is still very young though.

3. This is the best team we have had in years. We are better than half of the NBA teams at the moment. We can make the playoff this year and with the current core of players. That has been our goal all year so Please, enjoy the ride. I am very happy so far.

The only player i see us trading coming playoff time.. and if, and only if, we do not make the playoff is channing frye and shabazz.