Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Oladipo cleared to practice. going to be re-evaluated but might get cleared to play tomorrow.

I still think it might make more sense to wait until Saturday.

I like Jones a lot but he's so prone to injury I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up anything major for him.

I dont think Jones' trade value is going to be that high considering he's going to be a RFA.

But yeah, Harris has played well enough to avoid any major changes unless something extrodinary presents itself.

The only trade that is going to happen is Frye (or borderline rotation player) plus pick for veteran player on team that needs to give up.

so frye and pick for thaddeus young.

The only other trade that i can see possible is Fournier plus pick for good player (based on the idea that its going to cost a lot to retain Fournier). but that would probably be a mistake.

I dont see too many trade options out there right now. There's only 3 teams that are going to be giving up on the season soon and only 2 of them are going to be selling off their vets for a rebuild (brooklyn and new orleans).

Lowe is back

http://espn.go.com/n...ting-make-sense

Nice little paragraph about Fournier at the bottom

You mean next year's $15M man?

The Magic are going to be stuck having to make some choices, and if this team continues to make big strides with Fournier as its leading scorer, the Magic may have to do whatever they can to keep him in town.

The market will largely dictate what Fournier makes, but it is hard to imagine he is worth less than the likes of Gordon Haywardand Chandler Parsons if he continues playing like this.

In other words, $15 million a year will be what it would take. It is always an estimation when it comes to talking market value, but the going price for a sharpshooting swingman is not going to be cheap.

And Fournier is making him more and more indispensable fort his team, creating an even more difficult decision than anticipated.

http://orlandomagicd...magic-player/4/

Sure, Tobias is worth his contract now but he's not an elite two way guy. We're still wondering if one of our guys can become that.

I see that mostly in Aaron Gordon and Oladipo. Small adjustments to their games are currently standing in their way.

As for Fournier, I believes he's worth......however....I hope he doesn't pull a Lance Stephenson. I dislike contract year players.

15 million is like 10-12 in old school terms, so it's not crazy. Let's see what the Magic do. The one thing is this - Henny made a great trade in acquiring Fournier for Afllalo.

Watching NBA Tv, and it appears this was one of the best scouted drafts in a while. Towns and Okafor are clearly the 2 best players as most people thought. Lakers fans seem to really like Deangelo, but on second look it appears Porzingis is probably the 3rd best guy there. He is the real deal as many of us thought. Safe to say the Magic probably did want to draft him, but they also knew that wasn't happening before the draft I am sure.

Mario looks like a solid pick at #5 to me right now. He can be developed to fill the gap if we lose Fournier, and has a higher celling.May take a while, but he looks like the right pick to me at #5.

15 million is like 10-12 in old school terms, so it's not crazy. Let's see what the Magic do. The one thing is this - Henny made a great trade in acquiring Fournier for Afllalo.

Watching NBA Tv, and it appears this was one of the best scouted drafts in a while. Towns and Okafor are clearly the 2 best players as most people thought. Lakers fans seem to really like Deangelo, but on second look it appears Porzingis is probably the 3rd best guy there. He is the real deal as many of us thought. Safe to say the Magic probably did want to draft him, but they also knew that wasn't happening before the draft I am sure.

Mario looks like a solid pick at #5 to me right now. He can be developed to fill the gap if we lose Fournier, and has a higher celling.May take a while, but he looks like the right pick to me at #5.

Yup. I said it after the draft. Glad Porzingis went before us so we didn't have to live with passing on him if he ended up great or spend the next 12 years freaking out every single time he falls over.

Ok..the east's..competition is too fierce. The east is going to be deep for a while with the young talent finally blossoming and the west having its crest finally crash towards the shore.

This is going to be much harder than I thought.

We'll see how the records look after 40 games.