Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Next game:

The Magic have their first b2b. g New Orleans.

What needs to be accomplished has been overly stated around this forum. The Magic need to get it done.

The Pelicans are 0-3 having been very unlucky to face the ruthless Curry in two games. Sadly put, the magic look like deer. They need to be hunters this game. One of these teams are going to be 1-3 tomorrow and it sure as hell better be the Magic. Ryan Anderson, Toney Douglas, Eric Gordon, and Jrue holiday may pose a problem. The Pelicans have 2 days off prior to match. They'll be fresh.

If we lose the Pelicans game, we have Houston coming up which is a team that has gotten blown out three consecutive games with no victories this year either. We can't afford to be the team that gives them confidence. Marcus Thornton, Corey Brewer, and Trevor Ariza have red eyes for the Magic. The Magic must plan for Harden's various acting skills.

The Rockets play the Thunder tonight which should pose as a disadvantage. Nonetheless, they a familiar interior defender.

Lets think about the magic succeeding against a winless pelicans team and a possibly winless Houston team. We'll be 2-3. The atmosphere will be much jollier.

Next game:

The Magic have their first b2b. g New Orleans.

What needs to be accomplished has been overly stated around this forum. The Magic need to get it done.

The Pelicans are 0-3 having been very unlucky to face the ruthless Curry in two games. Sadly put, the magic look like deer. They need to be hunters this game. One of these teams are going to be 1-3 tomorrow and it sure as hell better be the Magic. Ryan Anderson, Toney Douglas, Eric Gordon, and Jrue holiday may pose a problem. The Pelicans have 2 days off prior to match. They'll be fresh.

If we lose the Pelicans game, we have Houston coming up which is a team that has gotten blown out three consecutive games with no victories this year either. We can't afford to be the team that gives them confidence. Marcus Thornton, Corey Brewer, and Trevor Ariza have red eyes for the Magic. The Magic must plan for Harden's various acting skills.

The Rockets play the Thunder tonight which should pose as a disadvantage. Nonetheless, they a familiar interior defender.

Lets think about the magic succeeding against a winless pelicans team and a possibly winless Houston team. We'll be 2-3. The atmosphere will be much jollier.

Worth noting: both of these teams are considered western playoff teams; the Rockets, title contenders, yet have just as many wins as the Magic.

more interesting stats.

Gordon is putting up a 24 PER. will be interesting to see where that goes when he starts getting more minutes.

The magic are currently #2 in blocks. not something i'd think heading into the season.

Currently have the 7th most difficult Strength of Schedule.

Have you checked out Harden's stats through 3 games?

22% FG

9% 3FG

40% TS

12.9 PER

15.1% TOV

Makes Oladipo look all pro...

meeting expectations:

Oladipo- scoring is about right. needs to be more efficient. would be a slight disappointment if not for averaging 9 rebounds, 5.7 assists, 2.3 steals, 1.3 blocks per game. Guys are going to go through shooting slumps but he's still putting a huge impact on the game across the board. That's the important thing

Vucevic- points and rebounds are down a bit. defense looks much better. he's challanging shots a lot more without fouling too much.

Fournier- He is who we thought he'd be. Can put up 20 one night. go 2/7 the next.

Harris- efficient scorer. you can go to him in iso's and post ups but he falls asleep at times. he puts up those anonymous 20 point games that Rudy Gay and Jeff Green.

Dedmon- good defensive guy. scores on putbacks. still dont want him attempting anything away from the rim. could do a lot worse for a backup C.

Napier- third point guard. puts his impact on the game when he's in. tries really hard on defense but will be a liability if he plays against a good point guard.

Not meeting expectations:

Payton- Needs to put more of an impact on the game. we all have high expectations for him and he's slightly behind where he finished last year.

CJ watson- he was supposed to be a pretty good backup who has a high floor and a low ceiling. hasn't been very good for us so far.

Hezonja- looks scared the last two games. need that to improve. he's going to have swings in performance but he needs to at least be dialed in when he's on the floor.

Exceeding expectations:

Gordon- I expected him to be solid. He's 20 so i figured this would be rookie year part two. this summer the guy put up numbers against scrubs and we all had fun with that but you'd think a great season for him would be comparable to Wiggins last year. something like 44/31/76 shooting with 13.9 ppg in 30 minutes per game. With him playing 19 minutes per game you'd expect something more like 7 or 8 ppg.

he's still raw on offense. he's 20. he's averaging 10.3 ppg and 5.7 rpg in 19.7 minutes per game. He's leading fast breaks. he's flying around and blocking shots. just crazy.

The team as a whole is a bit below expectations. need to improve overall field goal percentage by about 6%. Pythagorean W/L is 1-2 so we're 1 game below expectations so far. Defense is much better but offense still suffers from inconsistency. Just like last year its like we cant ever get everyone playing well at the same time. Game 1 its a poor vucevic and fournier game. Game 2 its an inefficient oladipo and fournier and nobody on the bench does anything besides Gordon. Game 3 is a bad Payton and Harris game. We need to have everyone come through at the same time for once.

all in all we're right there. we have enough depth to be a good team. Just need to start finishing.

Just a thought... Would anyone trade VUC for Drummond if the Pistons were interested?

this is a really tough one.

Drummond is a great defensive player but potentially the worst free throw shooter in the nba and has the majority of his points coming from offensive rebounds and rim runs like dwight.

Vucevic is a great offensive player and a great free throw shooter and his defense is improving.

i guess it depends on how detrimental a career 40% freethrow shooter is to your team. And how much you think vucevic can improve on defense.

i'm going to say yes. i would trade vucevic for drummond.

So Denton says the last two teams to go 0-3 and lose each game by less than 5 points are the 06-07 nuggets and the 11-12 timberwolves.

The nuggets made the playoffs with 45 wins

the wolves won 26 games.

Another one I didn't think of is Deandre Jordan. I just think having an athletic big man who excels at defense would fit much better with this type of team... I was telling my wife last night that I think had Dwight had this same supporting cast when he was here we probably would have a couple of championship banners.

Another one I didn't think of is Deandre Jordan. I just think having an athletic big man who excels at defense would fit much better with this type of team... I was telling my wife last night that I think had Dwight had this same supporting cast when he was here we probably would have a couple of championship banners.

I wouldn't trade Vucevic for DeAndre Jordan

• Upvote 1

So Denton says the last two teams to go 0-3 and lose each game by less than 5 points are the 06-07 nuggets and the 11-12 timberwolves.

The nuggets made the playoffs with 45 wins

the wolves won 26 games.

We definitely look like the Wolves right now