Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Preseason Thread

Well what do you know. We've gone to the the FT line as many times in the 1st quarter as we would normally go in an entire game last season. We also seem to be turning the ball over a lot less this preseason. Both areas will help this team immensely if it carries over to the regular season.

Our first five games of the regular season are going to be a challenge...

Washington H

Oklahoma City H

Chicago A

New Orleans A

Houston A

W'ere going to nee both those home games to be taken seriously. OKC is a finals caliber team with healthy Durant and Westbrook. The Wizards were a challenging team last year but lost Pierce in the off season.

While first half of the season sucks. Second half is ok

While first half of the season sucks. Second half is ok

That's a big screw over for a young team. Piling up losses early in the season is gonna destroy our guys mentally. I hope they don't give up half way through the season.

That's a big screw over for a young team. Piling up losses early in the season is gonna destroy our guys mentally. I hope they don't give up half way through the season.

On the flip side if we have a fast start and can end up even 10 games below .500 at the all star break we have a really good shot of making the playoffs.

I weigh in the those first 20 to 30 games, when teams have adjusted to us and we've become predictable, how will the Magic persevere?

Then games 55-70, will we fall apart like Toronto or Washington into mental midgets?

Its important for our team to be very polished in the basics of the game which I feel they still aren't and it scares me. Its most of all important that we show up against the media whore teams. I've read Toronto and Washington's forums. Their best players light up the lower end teams like ours but are absent when it comes to true competition.

We had this problem in our first season when we signed Rashard on the first half of the season. We adjusted greatly the second year to challenge and even sweep opponents. I'm not implying that my expectations are for us to be that good. This what a true contender does and I want this team to be able to challenge everyone after two or so seasons.

Anthony Davis has been a problem for us the last couple of years. We'll need to limit him come the regular season. Its going to be critical to win games against middle ground teams.

Lots of turnovers

That's what i'm scared of man. Turnovers are basically the blood our opponents drink and demotivate our players. You can see their confidence get sucked out of them on the next play up court.