Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Preseason Thread

No!!!! Hezonjas is not rookie to the Magics. He's been a pro since he was 10 years old in Euro league. When he plays, it's like mix of white Michael Jordan and Hedo Turculoo from 2009. I think Hezonjas will be an all star by this December and will be a Finals MVP some day. I think by next year he will be the best Magics scorer since T-Mac. Plus he can pass like white chocolate but taller.

So no...

You pushed a little hard on this one.

Anyway, realistically (for the sake of interstellar hallelujahs), I mentioned earlier in the preseason that Hezonja's defense was going to needed work. He's so exciting to watch on offense that he's defense has gotten a pass lately. Maybe because its preseason. Maybe its because everyone wants something to be excited about for a change when it comes to this organization.

Hezonja's defensive troubles are evident. He has trouble rotating on various hammer plays and horns around screens. His lateral quickness against smaller guards is unreliable. His help defense is constantly late and he sometimes gets lost. Hezonja's length will help him unless he learns to utilize it. Occasionally, he'll wrestle the ball out of the opponents hands or come up with a steal on anticipation for a clear path to the basket.

The offensive hype is understood so I won't get into that.

------

On the articles, the Magic have gone a long way in washing away the dirt of their front organization's overall perception. The Super Mario nickname is cheesy and tastelessly trite for me. I despise it with great disdain.

I love "The Gauntlet" for Payton since last year but that isn't catching on. Its fine. It'll be my nickname for him. Now we need one for Hezonja. Maybe I should look up his last name for historical reference and significance.

The rest of the article is rehash Payton blah blah can't shoot blah blah how to use him in the offense etc etc compare/contrast Skiles, statistics, shut the ***** up.

Other than that, thanks for posting it.

--------

Question for the forums: Who do you believe are past their "potential"?

I believe Vucevic, Harris, Dedmon and Nicholson are. They'll work out some kinks and refine their current style of play but I don't think they'll evolve into any other dynamic they aren't currently consistent at.

I personally liked HenzonFIRE. It was suggested on the board, but I don't know by whom.

On the articles, the Magic have gone a long way in washing away the dirt of their front organization's overall perception. The Super Mario nickname is cheesy and tastelessly trite for me. I despise it with great disdain.

Embrace the cheese

9HcYMNZ.png

To those who saw the game, how did Ryan Anderson look?

I have to remind myself that Mario is just.. 20 years old!? The drafting legend of Henny grows and grows.

He looked awesome. His shooting is so lethal. Didn't get a lot of playing time though

Pelicans boards actually want to trade him for Frye but along with a pick from us. We would be so deep with Anderson,