43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we match for Harris?

• Nope, definitely not.
    • Yes, if it's for 8 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 10 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 12 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 14 million or less
    • Yes, match even if he gets offered the max

Disclaimer: I know nothing about salary increase year after year, but maybe something that shakes out to 70 million over 5 years? He gets the extra year with us, and he averages 14 million a year. Not quite the max, but still not bad considering his glaring lack of defense overall so far in his career. I'd rather it be 11-12 million a year, but somehow I doubt he's coming that cheap unless just no one league wide is interested in the guy.

If someone backs up the truck for the guy, as much as I like him I'm just not sure he meshes well enough with Payton & Dipo to make it worth it. The other part of that, of course, is who else would we spend that money on?

This is where I get nervous. Henny's made a couple of great trades, and has been fantastic in his drafting values so far, but the jury is still out on him when it comes to free agency.

The other part of that, of course, is who else would we spend that money on?

I love Harris but there are so many exciting SFs out there, either in the draft or free agents in 2015 or 2016.

Hezonja, Tony Snell, Danny Green, KJ McDaniels, etc.

I love Harris but there are so many exciting SFs out there, either in the draft or free agents in 2015 or 2016.

Hezonja, Tony Snell, Danny Green, KJ McDaniels, etc.

There is also this guy:

Aaron-Gordon-with-sick-block.jpg

Although he may eventually play PF.

There is also this guy:

Aaron-Gordon-with-sick-block.jpg

Although he may eventually play PF.

I have him at pf and he is not a shooter to space the floor. Though, his form looks good.

You guys should read this article. Very very interesting piece on T12's value.

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/2015/05/06/the-nbas-most-underrated-player/

That's an interesting hypothesis. I think a lot of his argument is presumptive but I don't think you can outright dismiss it. It's part of the reason why it would be nice to get him for one more year for evaluation.

That's an interesting hypothesis. I think a lot of his argument is presumptive but I don't think you can outright dismiss it. It's part of the reason why it would be nice to get him for one more year for evaluation.

Yes agree. And that is why I'm thinking Hennigan is confident he will match. He will match any offer with his own 1 year deal. That will give Tobias a chance to prove himself and cash in on the 2016 bandwagon.

Yes agree. And that is why I'm thinking Hennigan is confident he will match. He will match any offer with his own 1 year deal. That will give Tobias a chance to prove himself and cash in on the 2016 bandwagon.

But... that can't happen. If Tobias goes out and gets a 4 year 48 million deal or something with the Celtics say we either pay him the same 4 year 48 million or we lose him.

We'll obviously extend the qualifying offer and if Tobias doesn't get an offer he likes he can sign that and play one more year with us but then he's gambling on himself being healthy and having a great year. I think what happens with Greg Monroe might influence Tobias. If Monroe gets a huge deal this summer Tobias might go that path. If Monroe gets a deal comparable to what he could have got last year I think Tobias will probably just sign an offer sheet (or an extension) and take the guaranteed money.

But... that can't happen. If Tobias goes out and gets a 4 year 48 million deal or something with the Celtics say we either pay him the same 4 year 48 million or we lose him.

We'll obviously extend the qualifying offer and if Tobias doesn't get an offer he likes he can sign that and play one more year with us but then he's gambling on himself being healthy and having a great year. I think what happens with Greg Monroe might influence Tobias. If Monroe gets a huge deal this summer Tobias might go that path. If Monroe gets a deal comparable to what he could have got last year I think Tobias will probably just sign an offer sheet (or an extension) and take the guaranteed money.

Why? 4 for 48 is awful if you are looking at next years cap. Im pretty sure he could just turn that down and take a 1 year deal from us instead.

By match any offer, I should clarify - if he gets offered 12 a year for 4 years, I think Hennigan would give him 12 for 1. Im not talking TCV.

T12 is only 22 years old. Improvement should be a given. I get frustrated with his play at times, but you have to look at who is on the court with him. Also an experienced coach and staff could really do wonders with him. I don't think we should be so quick to let him go. Compared to Gordon's game, Harris is a polished brilliant diamond and Gordon is a piece of coal. Nothing against Gordon but at this moment in time. Aaron needs a TON of work.