43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we match for Harris?

• Nope, definitely not.
    • Yes, if it's for 8 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 10 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 12 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 14 million or less
    • Yes, match even if he gets offered the max

......what do you think the max Harris can be offered is, exactly?

I have no idea, did I put too much with 20 million?(I know Kobe makes like 24).

For a player of Harris's experience, he can get 25% of the CAP. We don't know what the CAP number will be, but in order for him to make 20m a season, the CAP would have to jump by about 15.5 million dollars.

The current max salary for a player with <6 years experience is 14.7m

For a player of Harris's experience, he can get 25% of the CAP. We don't know what the CAP number will be, but in order for him to make 20m a season, the CAP would have to jump by about 15.5 million dollars.

Well that makes my poll look pretty stupid, let me see if I can change it. My head starts to hurt if I start reading some of the cap rules.

I thought it was closer to 16 million

Here are the league-wide maximum salaries. Note that there are exceptions to the maximum salary (see question number 17).

Years in NBA1Defined maximum salary2011-122012-132013-142014-150 - 625% of cap2$12,922,194$13,668,750$13,701,250$14,746,0007 - 930% of cap2$15,506,632$16,402,500$16,441,500$17,695,20010+35% of cap2$18,091,071$19,136,250$19,181,750$20,644,400

I voted to match the max, but not really because I think he's worth it (or because I think he fits as a starter on this team), but because I don't think his contract will be an issue when we may need to re-sign Oladipo, Payton, or Gordon. Worst case scenario, he's a great bench scorer and is still very trade able. I just don't think you let such a good young asset go for nothing.

With the current salary cap of $63.1 million, the league has three maximum tiers. For players with up to six years’ experience, they can earn up to $14.7 million in the first year of a new contract; seven to nine max at $17.7 million; 10-years or more allows for up to $20.6 million.

The NBA projects the salary cap will climb to $67.4 million for the 2015-16 season, bumping the max numbers to approximately $15.8 million, $18.9 million and $22.1 million.

http://www.basketbal...x-salary-tiers/

Yes, Magic should match, letting him go for nothing would suck

Meh, Harris is likely the next guy in a line of Corey Maggette, Caron Butler, John Salmons, etc who can score but don't really have relevant nba moments because smart teams realize their limitations and decide that paying a market price for them isn't worth it.

I voted to match the max, but not really because I think he's worth it (or because I think he fits as a starter on this team), but because I don't think his contract will be an issue when we may need to re-sign Oladipo, Payton, or Gordon. Worst case scenario, he's a great bench scorer and is still very trade able. I just don't think you let such a good young asset go for nothing.

I agree 100%

Best case scenario, he has a Jimmy Butler (or even Paul George) level leap.