43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we match for Harris?

• Nope, definitely not.
    • Yes, if it's for 8 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 10 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 12 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 14 million or less
    • Yes, match even if he gets offered the max

When you read that it makes you want to keep him...i forget he is just 22.

12mil per i'd be cool with that for us

I think I read that was what he wanted last offseason. I think he'll get more if he wants considering his performance last season(I know, he still makes boneheaded mistakes and his defense is questionable, but I believe there will be a lot of teams looking to sign him.) He's still basically a kid though and he has improved every season. I really want to keep him around and I think we'll end up regretting it if we don't(I think it won't be difficult to trade him if we need to, so I'm thinking why not match).

T12 is only 22 years old. Improvement should be a given. I get frustrated with his play at times, but you have to look at who is on the court with him. Also an experienced coach and staff could really do wonders with him. I don't think we should be so quick to let him go. Compared to Gordon's game, Harris is a polished brilliant diamond and Gordon is a piece of coal. Nothing against Gordon but at this moment in time. Aaron needs a TON of work.

on offense but not defense

Khris Middleton enters the offseason in a pretty extraordinary position. He is exactly the kind hybrid forward teams love to see these days: consistent with the 3-point shot, athletic enough to defend small forwards and long enough to handle power forwards. Not bad for a second-round pick who was a throw-in piece in the Brandon Jennings trade and drew some mysterious DNP-Coach's Decisions as recently as November. Middleton is a restricted free agent, and the problem for the Bucks is that there is a lot more cap space out there this summer than there are players worthy of that space. It’s a player’s market.

One league executive told Sporting News that Middleton will draw an offer around — brace yourself — $15 million per year. “That’s what Chandler Parsons got, but this guy plays much better defense,” the executive said. Parsons was granted a three-year, $46 million deal by the Mavericks last season to ensure the Rockets didn't match. Now the Bucks have that dilemma, for a player who averaged 13.4 points a game this season but was their leading playoff scorer. All signs suggest they will match any deal he gets, and they have the space under the luxury tax line to do so. But they will need to consider a future in which they have to pay Carter-Williams, Antetokounmpo and Parker.

http://www.sportingn..._medium=twitter

If Middleton gets offered $15M, you can bet someone will offer Tobias the max. Estimated max 4 year deal:

$15.7M

$16.4M

$17.1M

$17.9M

$67.2M Total

[/size]

http://www.sportingn..._medium=twitter

If Middleton gets offered $15M, you can bet someone will offer Tobias the max. Estimated max 4 year deal:

$15.7M

$16.4M

$17.1M

$17.9M

$67.2M Total

And that's why I think we'd be better off going after two lesser free agents. Let's say we can get demarre Carroll and Alonzo gee or kj McDaniel, or Jared Dudley.

Depth might be better than throwing a bunch of money at a single guy.

And that's why I think we'd be better off going after two lesser free agents. Let's say we can get demarre Carroll and Alonzo gee or kj McDaniel, or Jared Dudley.

Ed Davis and DeMarre Carroll at $7M each does it for me.

Also, the final updated stats are available from 82 games. Harris is a really weird player.

His production vs opponents production differential is the highest on the team. This indicates he generally plays better than his matchup.

However, his on/off numbers are negative. This indicates we play better when he's not in the game.

That's weird.

For comparison, Payton's opponents play significantly better than him at least statistically (which makes sense because his rookie season was pretty unremarkable from a box score perspective). Yet his on/off numbers were extremely positive. The team played significantly better with him on the floor. That's in line with what we see when watching games

Harris might just be an empty stat guy right now. That's fine, because a lot of talented players start out as empty stat guys (like Zach Randolph) but he could also go the Nick young route. It's so hard to project what a 22 year old really is. matching Harris could be the smartest or dumbest thing Hennigan does

Of that four I would take McDaniel and I would add Aminu, really like his game.

Best case scenario for me would be Harris signing the qualifying offer (waiting one year for a bigger max) so we'd have one more year to think about his value. We'd sign KJ McDaniels this offseason and then if Harris proves not to be worthy of a max next year, we throw a bunch of money at Snell.