Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Thibs isn't going to be our coach. It's not the right fit for him at this time. After what just went down in Chicago, that guy is going to want a Stan Van Gundy type role at his next stop. He's gonna want GM duties as well as head coaching duties. I don't think Rob is going to hire the guy that is taking his job too.

Skiles hasn't been hired yet because he's still interviewing for other jobs and were still interviewing people as well. It's a big decision you leave no stone un-turned here. I'm sure we have looked into Thibs and will continue to do so but at the end of the day I would be willing to bet that deal doesn't get done. No reason for Thibs to rush in and take the Orlando job when a position in the next year is likely to open up that will give him more control over GM duties as well. Not to mention he's making 9 million next year regardless.

Skiles will be our coach.

Thibs isn't going to be our coach. It's not the right fit for him at this time. After what just went down in Chicago, that guy is going to want a Stan Van Gundy type role at his next stop. He's gonna want GM duties as well as head coaching duties. I don't think Rob is going to hire the guy that is taking his job too.

Skiles hasn't been hired yet because he's still interviewing for other jobs and were still interviewing people as well. It's a big decision you leave no stone un-turned here. I'm sure we have looked into Thibs and will continue to do so but at the end of the day I would be willing to bet that deal doesn't get done. No reason for Thibs to rush in and take the Orlando job when a position in the next year is likely to open up that will give him more control over GM duties as well. Not to mention he's making 9 million next year regardless.

Skiles will be our coach.

My only thing with Skiles: when and what was the last thing Hennigan did that was so strongly leaked to the media?

Ultimately, I don't think Thibodeau is hired either, but the Skiles stuff is being leaked way too strong, especially knowing how Hennigan operates.

Yea that was a terrible, terrible article.

ESPN.com is only good for sports gossip at this point(and they aren't even that good @ that; many other sites have all that stuff before ESPN).

My only thing with Skiles: when and what was the last thing Hennigan did that was so strongly leaked to the media?

Ultimately, I don't think Thibodeau is hired either, but the Skiles stuff is being leaked way too strong, especially knowing how Hennigan operates.

True, but it might not be Hennigan's decision considering the ties Skiles has to management.

True, but it might not be Hennigan's decision considering the ties Skiles has to management.

Which would be incredibly disappointing

This is a valid comment for sure. But I just feel that it's been leaked so much that it has to be true. But yea maybe your right and it's not, but like you said either was I don't see Thibs at all being the coach.

I think this is overstated honestly. Devos hasn't interfered at all in anything Rob has done to this point and I have no reason to believe that still isn't the truth.

It's easy to make that statement because, yea, Orlando has a bad history of ownership getting to involved with these kind of decision but like I said that hasn't been the case during the Henny Era.

• Upvote 1

Peter Vecsey

Peter Vecsey – Verified account ‏@PeterVecsey1

Tom Thibodeau has no interest, I'm told, in coaching Pelicans (feels Davis will leave when pact permits), Magic (Skiles on tap) or Nuggets

Firing JV.

Peter Vecsey

Peter Vecsey – Verified account ‏@PeterVecsey1

Tom Thibodeau has no interest, I'm told, in coaching Pelicans (feels Davis will leave when pact permits), Magic (Skiles on tap) or Nuggets

Rightfully so. He will get a better job a year from now.

But he will have to live with the agony of seeing Skiles and the Magic hoist the finals trophy 5 of the next 8 years. DYNASTY.