Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Not making him the highest paid coach in the league

You do realize that Rich DeVoss is worth over 5 billion dollars and has never owned a championship team, right?

What difference does it make?

Thibodeau being the highest paid coach in the league is idiotic and he does not deserve it yet, he has not done anything and if he leads Magic to a championship then make him the highest paid coach in the league which he deserve it

Thibodeau being the highest paid coach in the league is idiotic and he does not deserve it yet, he has not done anything and if he leads Magic to a championship then make him the highest paid coach in the league which he deserve it

Who are you to say how much someone deserves to be paid in a free market

Sounds like the terms within a "coaching contract" .........which is why you go get either the best or one of the best coaches to add credibility to your organization!

Make a very big difference. !!!!

I'm kind of curious to see if Thibodeau wants a job where he has a bit of front office power, similar to SVG and Doc Rivers, though not necessarily to the same degree. Throw in his rocky relationship with Chicago's front office and it seems plausible. That seems to be the new trend for high-end coaches in the NBA and even in the NFL now.

Then again, if you pay him enough it won't be an issue and I'm merely speculating.

Decided on a whim to buy tickets from the box office on gameday last year. The cheapest they had for backrow were $60/ticket. That's an obscene amount of money to watch this team play.

Good for them for reinvesting that back into the team.

SVG gets paid $7 million a year and I'm sure he probably could have gotten more if he hadn't pushed for the personnel control. He and Thibs are similar in a lot of ways.

My question is, if the Bulls wanted to get rid of Thibs so badly why haven't they? They don't want to pay him the 9 million to fire him right? So why haven't they granted interviews yet.

I'm not sure I can think of a reason for them to wait being that it also slows down their next coaching hire.