Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: Would You Rather Have Vooch or Howard?

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the current Vooch moving forward or the current Howard moving forward?

• The current Vooch moving forward
    • The current Howard moving forward

Dwight had a 20 point 21 rebound game just a few days ago. Cousins is great and young but give me Dwight still because when healthy he is still the best.

Take those blinders off, you can hate the guy all you want but at least he got us a new arena! Lol

Cousins didn't miss 4 months of games and have multiple significant injuries over the past 4 seasons.

Dwight had his worst year since 2005

Sure, Dwight isn't going to have a sharp slope of decline. He's going to have good days and bad days. He's going to put up numbers. But he's going to hit those peaks much less often as time goes on.

In 11-12 he missed 12 games

In 12-13 he missed 6 games

In 13-14 he missed 11 games

In 14-15 he missed 41 games

Next year will he miss a significant amount of time?

Cousins didn't miss 4 months of games and have multiple significant injuries over the past 4 seasons.

Dwight had his worst year since 2005

Sure, Dwight isn't going to have a sharp slope of decline. He's going to have good days and bad days. He's going to put up numbers. But he's going to hit those peaks much less often as time goes on.

In 11-12 he missed 12 games

In 12-13 he missed 6 games

In 13-14 he missed 11 games

In 14-15 he missed 41 games

Next year will he miss a significant amount of time?

Or maybe not??

I don't see any history of chronic injury or problem area.

Ok 11-12 he sat out with us with bad back.

12-13 torn labrum/shoulder issue (forgot who pulled it)

13-14 several minor injuries iirc

14-15 first season with bad injury.

I think you're really trying hard to look for something not there.

OCSC looked great today too! :)/> Tally Hall in the net will prove to be a huge difference for us moving forward, I hope.

While I am pleased that Orlando has a MLS team, this is a basketball forum. Let's try to keep on point.

Or maybe not??

I don't see any history of chronic injury or problem area.

Ok 11-12 he sat out with us with bad back.

12-13 torn labrum/shoulder issue (forgot who pulled it)

13-14 several minor injuries iirc

14-15 first season with bad injury.

I think you're really trying hard to look for something not there.

Dwight is now 30, he has several disks in his back that have been fused, and is not the same player he was with us. At 30+ the odds on him ever regaining the athleticism that he had pre-injury is quite slim. Since his game is based on athleticism, not position, not shooting, it is highly unlikely that he will ever be the 18+ points a game, defensive player of the year that he was. I think he is still a better defender than Vooch, and probably will continue to be for another couple of years; but, he has a lot of mileage on his body (remember he turned pro at 18) and I expect that he will continue to deteriorate. He has always been a beast in the gym, so I give him 4-5 good years left, but I think with increasing games missed each season.

Vooch is a better offensive player, and his rebounds are more from being in the right place. He has shown a strong work ethic, and is still quite young. I think he will continue to improve and be a valuable asset for another 8-9 years. I don't think he has the athleticism to ever be more than an adequate defender, but I do think he has the will and commitment to try.

howard is hurt again what a surprise

It's odd seeing him getting injured. He was basically invincible when he was playing here until the back injury.

It's odd seeing him getting injured. He was basically invincible when he was playing here until the back injury.

900 games will do that to you

it was an unfortunate play. hopefully it's not too serious.

Well yeah I'm not wishing any ill will toward the guy but his repeated injury status was a topic of concern.

I still stick with Vuc moving forward.