Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO @ Milwaukee

Is frye perma-benched?

YES!

Borrego is the man. If he keeps Frye on the bench and plays Payton-Oladipo-Harris-Gordon-Vucevic when it matters I say give the man a chance!

Victor was poop the whole game, but scored a few crucial ones down the stretch.

Payton's 10/10 games are becoming routine

Vuc/Harris playing solid again.

Nice game by Gordon 10/12/2

The thing I like about these games is that Borrego seems to be doing everything we've wanted to a coach to do with the Magic all year. We're competing every day. His rotations have been playing to our strengths (sitting Frye - more Dedmon/A. Gordon).

With what he's done, I'm reluctant to not give him a full year at the helm and a summer to work on a system. It seems from interviews the players really do like Borrego and believe in him. Unless we get someone else who has far more leadership/experience, I'm almost believing we keep him around this summer.

The thing I like about these games is that Borrego seems to be doing everything we've wanted to a coach to do with the Magic all year. We're competing every day. His rotations have been playing to our strengths (sitting Frye - more Dedmon/A. Gordon).

With what he's done, I'm reluctant to not give him a full year at the helm and a summer to work on a system. It seems from interviews the players really do like Borrego and believe in him. Unless we get someone else who has far more leadership/experience, I'm almost believing we keep him around this summer.

Maybe as an assistant

If T12 can play like this consistently I wouldn't mind throwing him the max -- but I just don't think he can muster up a full season playing like this. I don't know.

He could start with staying healthy. Idk, it will be an interesting summer. I just wish we had some sort of trade leverage, because I don't see Hezonja passing the character/team-player test, or any of the other wings being good enough (yet) on offense to pick up the slack.

I agree, but I don't know if management has the balls to keep him around.

And yes, Harris looked like a max player, especially if you realize that he's 22 and has a lot of room to improve. That corner 3 is almost looking like a layup. I do worry about his ability to stay healthy though

I agree, but I don't know if management has the balls to keep him around.

I don't know. Henny came from OKC where Scott Brooks won 22 games as an interim head coach and got given the full time job.

I don't know. Henny came from OKC where Scott Brooks won 22 games as an interim head coach and got given the full time job.

They won 22 games after starting 1 and 12, and only winning 5 games total through Dec 31.

He got extended a full year because his team showed clear improvement during his tenure.

I get that people are excited about winning two in a row, but before Friday's game, this team looked directionless and had roughly the same win% under Borrego as it did under Vaughn. Have a little perspective.

They won 22 games after starting 1 and 12, and only winning 5 games total through Dec 31.

He got extended a full year because his team showed clear improvement during his tenure.

I get that people are excited about winning two in a row, but before Friday's game, this team looked directionless and had roughly the same win% under Borrego as it did under Vaughn. Have a little perspective.

I don't even want to keep Borrego I was just saying haha