Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Say all you want about that highlight reel thing, but the Suns were the better team that series and would have won if not for Horry assaulting Steve Nash. Everything went downhill for Dantoni after that. His system absolutely worked with the right players though. He probably would not be an effective coach now because basically every team uses his concepts

Yeah, it's hilarious to believe that a guy with a roster of assistants did not prep his team at all. He used his assistants for that, which is pretty normal.

Yeah, it's hilarious to believe that a guy with a roster of assistants did not prep his team at all. He used his assistants for that, which is pretty normal.

Do you have any sources to support this assertion?

Do you have any sources to support this assertion?

Yes, go look up mike Dantonis assistants. Unless you assume they sat around and twiddled their thumbs all day instead of doing their job, it is pretty much common knowledge that he utilized guys with experience. Guys like Rambis and Johnny Davis for example.

Do you really think those guys just sat there and chopped up highlight videos and then kicked back and waited for tip? This is just common sense.

Sounds like D'antoni may win the Nuggets job.

Yes, go look up mike Dantonis assistants. Unless you assume they sat around and twiddled their thumbs all day instead of doing their job, it is pretty much common knowledge that he utilized guys with experience. Guys like Rambis and Johnny Davis for example.

Do you really think those guys just sat there and chopped up highlight videos and then kicked back and waited for tip? This is just common sense.

Sounds like D'antoni may win the Nuggets job.

So we're going based on your assumptions then. Ok.

So we're going based on your assumptions then. Ok.

No we are going on commonly accepted basketball knowledge. If you want to choose to believe that a coach hires a team of assistants to do absolutely nothing, then that's fine. Going by the fact that you believed Elfrid actually cut his hair on April Fools, maybe that is the case.

You have clearly never played organized basketball or else you would understand this better.

No we are going on commonly accepted basketball knowledge. If you want to choose to believe that a coach hires a team of assistants to do absolutely nothing, then that's fine. Going by the fact that you believed Elfrid actually cut his hair on April Fools, maybe that is the case.

You have clearly never played organized basketball or else you would understand this better.

So we're back to this again?

I would have thought the magic would have a significant scouting department with otis at the helm but we found out we didn't.

What we have is a fairly reputable source with first hand knowledge of a team referencing a specific story saying d'Antoni didn't prepare them defensively for the spurs. This criticism is directly in tune with macro level criticisms that he's received from multiple reporter's, analysts, and former players with 3 different fan bases.

And your response is "that's not what coaches do"

Because you have a wealth of knowledge from your many dealings inside of an nba locker room?

Or because this doesn't fall in line with the picture you have in your mind of what a coach is supposed to do?

And then you turn to your typical condescension. Because when people challenge anything you have to say, instead of improving your argument you belittle them. It's a defense mechanism for someone who hasn't developed enough rational thought to determine when he might be wrong. Instead of becoming introspective, you lash out at the person contesting you, not at the idea itself.

That's not how people learn.

So we're back to this again?

I would have thought the magic would have a significant scouting department with otis at the helm but we found out we didn't.

What we have is a fairly reputable source with first hand knowledge of a team referencing a specific story saying d'Antoni didn't prepare them defensively for the spurs. This criticism is directly in tune with macro level criticisms that he's received from multiple reporter's, analysts, and former players with 3 different fan bases.

And your response is "that's not what coaches do"

Because you have a wealth of knowledge from your many dealings inside of an nba locker room?

Or because this doesn't fall in line with the picture you have in your mind of what a coach is supposed to do?

And then you turn to your typical condescension. Because when people challenge anything you have to say, instead of improving your argument you belittle them. It's a defense mechanism for someone who hasn't developed enough rational thought to determine when he might be wrong. Instead of becoming introspective, you lash out at the person contesting you, not at the idea itself.

That's not how people learn.

No it's not typical condescension, it is me guessing that you have not played basketball on a team with an actual coaching staff. If that is condescending to you, then it means I am probably correct in my guess.You make a typical 1 sentence argument, don't acknowledge anything else and move on. You always do this and then if it's with me you try and attack my personality even though you are not respectful in your arguments either.

Jalen Rose took a lot of heat for the criticism. He also barely logged PT under Dantoni, and was a disgruntled player the whole time.I would not consider him a reputable source here.

Furthermore, it doesn't take incredible insight in an NBA locker room to know that a coaching staff in many systems is responsible for delivering the scheme to it's players. Look at the guys on Mike's staff. There are ex head coaches there. They are not all going to sit around and do nothing like you are insinuating.

This is such a stupid argument because D'antoni is not my first choice by any means. He is however, being considered for the Denver job so I thought he was worth discussing.

I also posted a good link on how he coached his defenses, but that was not even acknowledged. Instead you choose to attack me personally again. Gets old.

This is really silly so if it is just better for us all to say that Dantoni is awful and bad and not discuss him, thats fine with me. I'd prefer less drama since the offseason hasn't really kicked in yet.

• Upvote 1

The one we wasted a lottery pick on.

Who should we have picked? Obviously we disagree about Aaron, but I'm curious who you would rather have.