Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I think Atlanta misses the playoffs next year. Not that Demare Carroll is all world or anything, but he was kinda important, and Atlanta massively overachieved last year. They're a 4-6 seed that just lost a starter.

Again, no way. Nearly their entire team is back, at least the most important players:

Teague

Korver

Milsap

Horford

Schroeder

Sefolosha (who they missed big time in playoffs)

Hardaway Jr

There is no way this team misses the playoffs in the East. Please show me 8 rosters better than this one in the East. It's not possible. Carroll was good, but he is replaceable.

So our most talented lineup doesn't involve our 64 million dollar, highest paid player on the team? Not saying you're wrong with that statement either though.

It's definitley wrong based on last years numbers. I'm stunned anyone would think otherwise.

I think Atlanta misses the playoffs next year. Not that Demare Carroll is all world or anything, but he was kinda important, and Atlanta massively overachieved last year. They're a 4-6 seed that just lost a starter.

Can say the same thing about Washington, but their stars are extremely young so they should both be better next year, in turn the team is better.

No way ATL misses the playoffs. That doesn't even make sense to me.

Again, no way. Nearly their entire team is back, at least the most important players:

Teague

Korver

Milsap

Horford

Schroeder

Sefolosha (who they missed big time in playoffs)

Hardaway Jr

There is no way this team misses the playoffs in the East. Please show me 8 rosters better than this one in the East. It's not possible. Carroll was good, but he is replaceable.

I forgot they got Hardaway and Splitter. Even still, the real place where our opinions differ is (it sounds like) you think Atlanta was a legit east contender. I'm not saying the Hawks got the one seed on accident but...the Hawks got the one seed on accident.

The Hawks are going to come back to Earth, it's just by how much. I think we can all agree on that. Apparently I think they're going to fall harder than the rest of you.

I forgot they got Hardaway and Splitter. Even still, the real place where our opinions differ is (it sounds like) you think Atlanta was a legit east contender. I'm not saying the Hawks got the one seed on accident but...the Hawks got the one seed on accident.

No never thought or think they are a contender in the East. The Cavs have the East on wraps, maybe the Bulls can semi challenge them. I'm just going off of you saying they aren't a playoff team next year. They'll make the playoffs easily, but no they aren't winning the East.

They won 60 games last season, even if they're 10 games worse and "come back to earth" they still win 50.

You realize someone from last year's playoffs is going to have to miss this year's playoffs for us to make the playoffs, right?

Considering Miami has bosh without a blood clot or whatever and a full year of Dragic I think they're probably in.

Considering Indiana is adding a top 5 player to its roster and they almost made it last year I think they're probably in.

You realize someone from last year's playoffs is going to have to miss this year's playoffs for us to make the playoffs, right?

Considering Miami has bosh without a blood clot or whatever and a full year of Dragic I think they're probably in.

Considering Indiana is adding a top 5 player to its roster and they almost made it last year I think they're probably in.

Questionable teams to me are Brooklyn, Boston and maybe WAS.

I think we have a better roster than Brooklyn and Boston.

And it won't be Washington or Atlanta. I can see more questions with Washington making it over Atlanta, but still those 2 teams are safe bets to make it next season.

Boston/BRK are the 2 teams that made it last year that I could see not making it this year and a new team getting in. Maybe Toronto.

Edit: And this is why I said it's a complete uphill battle for us to make the playoffs. The East didn't get worse. If we make the playoffs next year it would be a big statement and greatly deserved.

I don't think they got the one seed by accident. That team played amazing basketball all season by distributing the ball and everyone playing to their strengths. No one ever tried to do too much on that team and if someone was having an off night it always seemed like someone else showed up to make up for their slack. For some reason, they just crumbled in the playoffs, they struggled with every team they played in some way. Brooklyn should've been a sweep and Washington nearly had them on the ropes if it wasn't for that bucket they took away from Pierce for stepping out of bounds. Atlanta will most likely still be a playoff team and quite possibly top three but the East did get a bit harder, Miami got Bosh back, Indiana got George back Cleveland will have Love and Irving back, and not to mention we're looking to make a spot into the playoffs, so this upcoming season will be interesting.

I actually think the Knicks have a shot at a late seed too, they added Afflalo, Lopez, Derrick Williams and KOQ so now they have actually NBA players to play alongside Melo.