Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I'm thinking we need to purge Harris (unless Skiles thinks he can get him to play decent D), Harkless, BG, and Marble and bring in some guys that fit what we are doing better.

I like Harris a lot, but he is not a max player in my opinion because of his lack of D. Take BGs $ and Harris's $ and we have $20M to spend on a FA 4 and backup PG that play D and shoot well. There are a lot of great bigs available as FAs this year!

EP/FA/Nelson?

Vic/Fournier/Harvey

Mario/AG/Fournier

FA/AG/O'Quinn

Vuc/Dedmon/O'Quinn

I would love to have Meer finish his career here but as 3rd PG, he doesn't push the ball well enough for how I'd like to see the Magic play.

Maybe we can get lucky and trade the pieces we don't play for ones that will.

big UFAs available

LaMarcus Aldridge

Kevin Love

Paul Millsap

Amir Johnson

Brandon Bass

Chuck Hayes

Greg Monroe

Kevin Seraphin

Thomas Robinson

Tyler Hansbrough

Jason Smith

Ed Davis

Jason Maxiell

Marc Gasol

Tyson Chandler

DeAndre Jordan

Omer Asik

Robin Lopez

Greg Monroe

Brandan Wright

good PG UFAs available

Jeremy Lin

Mo Williams

Gary Neal

C.J. Watson

Rodney Stuckey

Aaron Brooks

Jose Barea

Who do you want???

PF: Amir Johnson, Brandon Wright, or Ed Davis (in that order)

PG: Rodney Stuckey, Aaron Brooks

Holy crap did you see all of the crap Boston offered Charlotte for #9 to get Winslow? And Charlotte said no to draft Frank Kaminsky? That's insane.

Holy crap did you see all of the crap Boston offered Charlotte for #9 to get Winslow? And Charlotte said no to draft Frank Kaminsky? That's insane.

was coming to post the same thing. 4 #1 picks!!!! and Jordon/Cho passed!!!!!!!!!! for Frank the Tank. SMDH. They should've just took Winslow for themselves

Re-sign Harris, sign West to a 1 year deal, and sign a backup PG, then you're looking at about a 35 win season (assuming everyone improves, of course). Enough to at least compete for a lower playoff seed.

Barring injury, of course.

I hope (not really) you mean Delonte West cause David West, at age 35 is not signing a 1 yr deal, on a rebuilding team. His last pay day and his eyes are set on the Big Apple.

Green is a free agent.

I know that, but he actually wants to stay here. And contrary to popular public opinion around here, he was solid for us last year. Good vet help the guys and knows how to stay ready if he's needed.

• Upvote 1

I hope (not really) you mean Delonte West cause David West, at age 35 is not signing a 1 yr deal, on a rebuilding team. His last pay day and his eyes are set on the Big Apple.

Cap goes up after next year....

I'm thinking we need to purge Harris (unless Skiles thinks he can get him to play decent D), Harkless, BG, and Marble and bring in some guys that fit what we are doing better.

I like Harris a lot, but he is not a max player in my opinion because of his lack of D. Take BGs $ and Harris's $ and we have $20M to spend on a FA 4 and backup PG that play D and shoot well. There are a lot of great bigs available as FAs this year!

EP/FA/Nelson?

Vic/Fournier/Harvey

Mario/AG/Fournier

FA/AG/O'Quinn

Vuc/Dedmon/O'Quinn

I would love to have Meer finish his career here but as 3rd PG, he doesn't push the ball well enough for how I'd like to see the Magic play.

Maybe we can get lucky and trade the pieces we don't play for ones that will.

big UFAs available

LaMarcus Aldridge

Kevin Love

Paul Millsap

Amir Johnson

Brandon Bass

Chuck Hayes

Greg Monroe

Kevin Seraphin

Thomas Robinson

Tyler Hansbrough

Jason Smith

Ed Davis

Jason Maxiell

Marc Gasol

Tyson Chandler

DeAndre Jordan

Omer Asik

Robin Lopez

Greg Monroe

Brandan Wright

good PG UFAs available

Jeremy Lin

Mo Williams

Gary Neal

C.J. Watson

Rodney Stuckey

Aaron Brooks

Jose Barea

Who do you want???

You got two Greg Monroes.

Where? I cant find anything showing the qctual offer

"Tobias Harris to Purse Near Max Deal with Pistons, Celtics among leading suitors" - RealGM

I like Harris, but I don't mind saying goodbye. I say we sign him and trade him in six months(or a year if someone signs him to an offer sheet). I certainly don't want to let him walk; we should definitely get something out of him.

I like Harris, but I don't mind saying goodbye. I say we sign him and trade him in six months(or a year if someone signs him to an offer sheet). I certainly don't want to let him walk; we should definitely get something out of him.

Guys the near max deal is exactly what he predicted it would be. I already posted a week back that he would be looking at around 13.5 mill a year and that is what this is.

I agree that we could trade him a year from now after seeing how he fits in long term, but the chances of a 22 year old regressing from the numbers he is putting up are pretty slim, so I think he is a good asset investment worst case.

Guys the near max deal is exactly what he predicted it would be. I already posted a week back that he would be looking at around 13.5 mill a year and that is what this is.

I agree that we could trade him a year from now after seeing how he fits in long term, but the chances of a 22 year old regressing from the numbers he is putting up are pretty slim, so I think he is a good asset investment worst case.

He originally asked for like 12 million right?(I think we offered around 9 mil). I honestly think we should match no matter what(unless maybe Hennigan has some **** drawn up for next year where we'll need the cap space to make a big run next year). I don't see that happening though; unless a miracle happens we'll make the playoffs at best, but we won't be real 'contenders'. Sign him and then rob somebody next year in the offseason(or keep him, I just hate the idea of simply giving away a player like him).