Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/22/nba-league-pass-price-tiers-200-120-7/

Wow, I thought the new options might be nice when they announced them a month ago but this price is terrible. I might go with the whole league pass option, but the single team and single game options are ridiculously priced(I know you can watch anything online 'for free') I'd rather not mess with those sites; they are awful.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/22/nba-league-pass-price-tiers-200-120-7/

Wow, I thought the new options might be nice when they announced them a month ago but this price is terrible. I might go with the whole league pass option, but the single team and single game options are ridiculously priced(I know you can watch anything online 'for free') I'd rather not mess with those sites; they are awful.

You'd figure they'd go for a model like all the streaming services (less than $10/month)

This may have killed any chance I have of watching more than a handful of Magic games this upcoming season.

This may have killed any chance I have of watching more than a handful of Magic games this upcoming season.

I live in Gville, so even if I bought the 120 dollar Magic package I'd have to wait 4 days to watch the games due to blackouts. Wasn't the 5 team package around 120 or slightly more? I might sign up for the whole league pass(I think they did an early bird thing last season where it was 180 for the full package). That's probably what they were counting on when they set these prices. There is no way I'd pay 7 bucks for a single NBA regular season game. I was hoping to just sign up for Sling TV once the NBA season starts(you'd get all the nationally televised games excluding NBA TV games because it includes ESPN, ESPN2 and TNT and you can pick up ABC with rabbit ears) and then just the Magic package, but 120 is ridiculous for just one team.

I live in Gville, so even if I bought the 120 dollar Magic package I'd have to wait 4 days to watch the games due to blackouts. Wasn't the 5 team package around 120 or slightly more? I might sign up for the whole league pass(I think they did an early bird thing last season where it was 180 for the full package). That's probably what they were counting on when they set these prices. There is no way I'd pay 7 bucks for a single NBA regular season game. I was hoping to just sign up for Sling TV once the NBA season starts(you'd get all the nationally televised games excluding NBA TV games because it includes ESPN, ESPN2 and TNT and you can pick up ABC with rabbit ears) and then just the Magic package, but 120 is ridiculous for just one team.

It's basically a movie ticket. Without as many plot twists and turns, and bad acting ie flopping.

I think it's a good thing.

Nicholson had a 24 point, 12 rebound game against Argentina yesterday.

I really hope he comes on because his post game is pretty good. I think he regressed last year due to him working on his three point game. I don't ever think he'll be great defensively but I can see him being a 10-12 point scorer off the bench.

It's basically a movie ticket. Without as many plot twists and turns, and bad acting ie flopping.

I think it's a good thing.

The only way that price can be justified is if you can stream the game from their servers indefinitely. If not, it's basically a rental and 6.99 seems a little high to me for a rental of a regular season game. I think they are basically purposely setting the prices high so people will be like, "F it, I'll just go for the whole package."(especially if they have an early bird special pricing on the whole package).