Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

The general opinion is that we'll have tobias/Gordon as the 3/4 and then move somebody once we figure out what we have.

If gordon ends up being an all star and Hezonja is as advertised then we could trade tobias or Oladipo or, like you said, make Oladipo the sixth man or tobias the sixth man.

We could build around the following lineups

Payton-Oladipo-Hezonja-Harris-Vucevic

Payton-Oladipo-Hezonja-Gordon-Vucevic

Payton-Oladipo-Gordon-Harris-Vucevic

Payton-Hezonja-Gordon-Harris-Vucevic

Oladipo-Hezonja-Gordon-Harris-Vucevic

Some combination of the above with a couple guys traded for the next all NBA guy to demand a trade. Maybe we replace Vucevic with a cousins type guy later on. Maybe we replace Payton with John wall. Maybe we replace Harris with Anthony Davis. We don't know who will be available.

Right now we've got Payton, Oladipo, Harris, Gordon, Vucevic, Fournier, and Hezonja. If Oladipo can't learn how to shoot, and that becomes a problem, we have two other shooting guards who can. If gordon can't play sf, we have Harris, Hezonja, and Fournier who can. If Hezonja is more bellineli than Thompson then he can just stay as a bench guy. If Harris doesn't improve and others do, he's a bench guy or moved.

We have lots of contingency plans. That's good.

I actually traded Payton on draft night for John Wall on 2k hahahaha.

I'm not even debating it being a crippling contract or anything of the sort. Just saying it wasn't a home-run signing by us like others have stated.

Just like Kanter wasn't a home run signing by OKC

Just like Dragic wasn't a home run signing for Miami

Just like Carroll wasn't a home run signing for Toronto

Just like Knight wasn't a home run signing for Phoenix

Just like Lopez wasn't a home run signing for Knicks

It's what role players make now. So I don't see it as being a bad contract or a great one. It's just the norm. It wasn't a perfect deal. It was a normal deal. Again, Vuch is a perfect/great deal. Harris's is just a normal. Anyone that tries to make it seem like more than that falls into the "In Henny I trust" category.

Did anybody say this was a home run signing? I don't remember reading that.

Catman has brought up Dipo as a 6th Man multiple times but I find it hard to come to that conclusion yet. Considering we haven't seen Hezonja play in an nba game yet. If Hezonja is the real deal Dipo off the bench could happen, or we could trade Tobias and start Hezonja at the 3, or bring Tobias off the bench as a combo forward, or any number of other things could happen. In terms of Evan I can see a situation where we trade him at the deadline but at this point we need all the talent we can get so giving him a new contract next summer is as likely as any other scenario, the way the cap is projecting I can envision a scenario where Fournier gets 4 years 38-40 million which would be about JJ Redick money under the new cap if my guestimates are correct. We might be willing to give him that all things considered.

Yes. This is the beauty of having assets. If Mario blows up we could make trades or just figure out rotations and have a really deep team.

Gotcha. Yeah, I just see so many people talking about Evan and I'm like, "Yanno, if these pieces work put the way they think they will, there is absolutely no way Evan is on this team long term."

And again, not a knock on him. Basically he's Harkless, but with talent.

Gotcha. Yeah, I just see so many people talking about Evan and I'm like, "Yanno, if these pieces work put the way they think they will, there is absolutely no way Evan is on this team long term."

And again, not a knock on him. Basically he's Harkless, but with talent.

Wait, if Hezonja bumps Oladipo to the bench, couldn't Fournier play backup 3? He's big enough

Wait, if Hezonja bumps Oladipo to the bench, couldn't Fournier play backup 3? He's big enough

I guess you could have Evan and Dipo split the backup 2 minutes, and then Dipo gets his other minutes at backup 1 and Evan gets his at backup 3.

I've always seen seen Fournier as a 6-7th man. A very solid role player. A guy that will have a couple of breakout games but will mostly play his role. His play will mostly be a positive and wont hurt the team.

I've always seen seen Fournier as a 6-7th man. A very solid role player. A guy that will have a couple of breakout games but will mostly play his role. His play will mostly be a positive and wont hurt the team.

Too early to say what he is. He's a 22 year old who, in his first real opportunity, averaged 12 ppg for a 25 win team.

He could be Reggie Williams, guy who takes advantage of an opportunity and overachieves when the games don't matter.

He could be Alec Burks

callmened

Alba Posts: 1

Member: #4234

Ty Lawson to Houston

Houston will send a collective of little-used reserves -- Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, Nick Johnson and Joey Dorsey -- and a protected 2016 first-round pick to Denver, according to Wojnarowski. Denver is sending a 2017 second-round pick with Lawson, according to Wojnarowski.

How do the Rockets get Lawson for junk while still keeping Howard, Harden, Jones, and Ariza? Why does the salary cap only apply to some teams?

DoM, report immediately.