Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Lewis was making like 15 million year one during a year where the salary cap was around 55 million. He finished his last year making 21 million when the cap was like 59 million

Millsap will make like 20 million (hard to say though. Might start at 17 million and increase) with the cap at 69 million. He'll finish around 20 (maybe like 23) in a year with a 100 million ish cap.

Big difference.

so, it would be a better contract?

4/60

Wow, I predicted 4/54. Thats a payday and Tobias could be looking at similar.

That aside, the Raptors now have a fierce wing tandem and a great PG along with a solid FC.

I really didn't expect that we could actually get Millsap. I don't think anybody did. If we pull this off, the Magic will have that veteran leader and all-star that our young roster has been missing.

The way it is going, we could jump over the Hawks. They are losing guys pretty quickly.

Yes definitely. The main reason besides the money difference, is that Millsap is playing his natural position and won't need to take HGH to do so at an all-star level.

Yes definitely. The main reason besides the money difference, is that Millsap is playing his natural position and won't need to take HGH to do so at an all-star level.

thank you, Sir

Yeah, like I said, it's possible but I don't think it really makes sense. We might keep him regardless. Like when we matched gortat.

I could see it, just like with Gortat. Especially since Orlando probably does need someone to start at the 3 while Mario develops. I could see starting Fournier there, but not long-term. Harris would still be a good trade chip, but Millsap's minutes will likely diminish Harris' value, which makes a high-paid Harris a little (not a lot) harder to move. Or maybe Orlando sells him on leading the bench unit and voila, instant second-unit domination with a Harris/Gordon team-up with Fournier. But it will be tough to find minutes for all three of those guys. Likely if they match for Harris it is to trade him down the road.

Yes. The reason why there's a spending frenzy right now is because, with provisions made during the lockout a few years back, it's impossible to significantly overpay a starting caliber player. There's constraints to how much you can pay a guy based on how many years they are in the league that are calculated by a percentage of gross income or something like that.

It's going to cost a significant amount more to sign a top tier free agent starting next year so teams are desperate to sign everyone this year.

I'm still not buying Millsap leaving. They just acquired Tiago Splitter which would mean a split at the 4 for him and Horford. That is a perfect situation for him since Horford is oft injured and Millsap can play some mins at the 3 too.

Yes. The reason why there's a spending frenzy right now is because, with provisions made during the lockout a few years back, it's impossible to significantly overpay a starting caliber player. There's constraints to how much you can pay a guy based on how many years they are in the league that are calculated by a percentage of gross income or something like that.

It's going to cost a significant amount more to sign a top tier free agent starting next year so teams are desperate to sign everyone this year.

understood ...