Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Catman arguing with someone? I'm shocked.

My thoughts on the season..

- Elfrid is an obvious keeper

- I still think Gordon is pretty much trash

- the Frye signing was clearly a mistake (seems inconceivable now that there was a lengthy discussion on how valuable he was going to be, but not surprising considering who was involved in this discussion)

- someone said Harris could be a legit 3pt threat and was mocked(oh yeah, it was me) and he became just that, I hope we keep him

- Fournier is okay, but he reminds me of a backcourt version of Big Baby, the guy shoots almost every time he touches the ball

I hope we keep Harris, trade Frye and Gordon, and sign a legit PF (isn't Aldridge a FA?).

Oh look, its the guy who whined all summer and said he would never come back. Stunning.

Of course you think Gordon is trash. That surprises no one.

Harris took far more 3s this year and shot pretty well from deep but he missed the key 3s in the 4th quarter multiple times.

Fournier is more than ok. When he didn't play our bench production was awful. He is a very good reserve for any team in the NBA. He also shot 37% from 3 which is better than Harris, but let's not let the facts cloud our judgement here.

Needed reminder: Aaron Gordon is only 19 years old. That won't change until mid-September.

Yep. Pretty amazing that people want to be right so badly on the internet that they will decree a guy as trash before he even turns 21.

. I could end up being wrong about him, obviously, but I just don't see how this guy turns into anything but an end of the bench energy player who plays okay defense from time to time.

Im convinced you didn't watch basketball this year because Gordon showed multiple times he can play elite defense and did. He shut down ROY Andrew Wiggins and guarded all 5 positions on the floor at the age of 19. If you think that is okay defense, I honestly feel sorry for you.

Gordon is still at that point where he goes 100 mph at all times. When he gets the ball he needs to attack attack attack. When someone defends him at the top of the key he needs to use the dribble move he's been working on for no real practical benefit. When he catches the ball at the three point line he thinks "am I allowed to take this three? Have I taken one yet? Coach said I'm only allowed to take one or two a game, do I want to take this one here?"

The good news is he can do all of these things. He can dribble, post up, drive to the basket, shoot, rebound. His issues are entirely youth and inexperience. That's a good thing for us.

Two plays really made me optimistic. Gordon caught the ball in the left corner on the baseline and they team him off the three point line for whatever reason. He drove the baseline, used his strength to abuse his defender, and got right to the rim, fast enough to beat the help defense. The second pay was when they double teamed him, for whatever reason, on the post. He spun baseline and avoided the second defender as he got to the rim.

Those things are very difficult to do without turning the ball over or causing an offensive foul.

The second play that you referred to totally blew my mind when I saw it. Being a high lottery pick, there have been times this year that I questioned if this guy was the right choice, but when you consider his age, and short amount of playing time, I think Henny struck gold.

I think the problem is that everyone is expecting a #4 overall pick to come in and be "the guy". Unfortunately, that won't be the case with Gordon. He's going to be the glue guy that makes all of the hustle plays and all of the other facets of the game that don't show up in the box score. He's not going to average 20 ppg. Hell, I'd be shocked if he averaged 15 ppg. The sooner people realize that, the sooner they'll ease off.

I like Gordon, I like Payton. There is no two other guys that I would have preferred from this draft been. I think they are the perfect pieces for the future.

I think the problem is that everyone is expecting a #4 overall pick to come in and be "the guy". Unfortunately, that won't be the case with Gordon. He's going to be the glue guy that makes all of the hustle plays and all of the other facets of the game that don't show up in the box score. He's not going to average 20 ppg. Hell, I'd be shocked if he averaged 15 ppg. The sooner people realize that, the sooner they'll ease off.

The same people that complain about Gordon are the same people that expect Oladipo to be some top 10 player in the league. We have been so lucky in the draft before I don't think people realize how rare it is to draft a team changing player no matter the pick especially within the first few years of their careers. Those players are few and far in between.

Be on the lookout during the playoffs folks. Our next FA signing might be playing these next few weeks. The popular ones (i.e. Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green) we probably won't have a shot at, but hopefully Henny finds us that next key piece. Who's a realistic option for us?

Sweet pea, are you positive I said "he's the most unathletic player I've seen"?

How about you head on back to that post and copy and paste the actual sentence. Thanks in advance.

I don't know how I missed that but I did, my apologies.