Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

FIRE JACQUE VAUGHN THREAD

Do we have a single post with a short list of names?

I still haven't seen one. I see names like Skiles, Mark Jackson, George Karl, etc. But not many others.

I'm kinda surprised at the general lack of interest from the forum in Mark Jackson. I think he's better than people want to give him credit for.

All of the GSW head coaches from 1995-2011 had an overall sub-50% winning record, even Don Nelson, and Mark Jackson in his 3 years there had 53% winning percentage.

2011 -- 23-43; 12th PPG, 28th Opp PPG

2012 -- 44-38; 7th PPG, 19th Opp PPG

2013 -- 54-28; 10th PPG, 10th Opp PPG

Link

The only reason I can think of, for the reason why people don't like him is maybe because of their style of play? They're very go-with-the-flow and don't seem to have many set plays. I think a lot of that has to do with the roster that they have and not necessarily Mark Jackson's talent as a coach. I think this would be a fantastic hire for the Magic, especially since he was able to develop Curry and Klay, I think he could do the same with Payton and Oli

• Upvote 1

Do we have a single post with a short list of names?

I still haven't seen one. I see names like Skiles, Mark Jackson, George Karl, etc. But not many others.

I'm kinda surprised at the general lack of interest from the forum in Mark Jackson. I think he's better than people want to give him credit for.

All of the GSW head coaches from 1995-2011 had an overall sub-50% winning record, even Don Nelson, and Mark Jackson in his 3 years there had 53% winning percentage.

2011 -- 23-43; 12th PPG, 28th Opp PPG

2012 -- 44-38; 7th PPG, 19th Opp PPG

2013 -- 54-28; 10th PPG, 10th Opp PPG

Link

The only reason I can think of, for the reason why people don't like him is maybe because of their style of play? They're very go-with-the-flow and don't seem to have many set plays. I think a lot of that has to do with the roster that they have and not necessarily Mark Jackson's talent as a coach. I think this would be a fantastic hire for the Magic, especially since he was able to develop Curry and Klay, I think he could do the same with Payton and Oli

Scott Brooks is the most successful coach in Thunder/Sonics history. Scott Brooks is a bottom 10 NBA coach.

Scott Brooks is the most successful coach in Thunder/Sonics history. Scott Brooks is a bottom 10 NBA coach.

Ok...so my original question remains...who is the short list?

As you mentioned I think, Skiles has been fired...Karl...just no....Mark Jackson...Tony Bennett isn't a proven NBA coach to help give direction to this young team (as some other poster said abut Bennett)

So who? Is there someone already coaching that would switch to the Magic?

Ok...so my original question remains...who is the short list?

As you mentioned I think, Skiles has been fired...Karl...just no....Mark Jackson...Tony Bennett isn't a proven NBA coach to help give direction to this young team (as some other poster said abut Bennett)

So who? Is there someone already coaching that would switch to the Magic?

There are few NBA coaches in history that are both experienced and haven't been fired.

I'm tired of this "isn't a proven head coach" thing. How the hell did these old guys become proven head coaches? They got fired once or twice and got rehired because that's the only way to become a coach. You have to have some tenure most of all an assistant. The longer you last as a head coach, the more supposedly proven you are. You'll lose your players eventually or the front office. Tough life for a head coach.

As for assistants, they make it from being under other successful NBA coach. I've looked into some head coaching resumes and some of these guys have been around since the early 2000's having a decades worth of experience within the D'League or college, and still not cutting it. Then you have play by play guys or video coordinators who make it.

There just different flavors of coaching. What do the Magic want here?

I like Skiles a lot the problem is his players end up tuning him out. If you had a roster with high turnover maybe this isn't an issue. But then you never have consistency. Or you lose a franchise player.

So the coaching list is:

Mark Jackson (ugh)

Scott Skiles

Mike Malone

Jim Boylen (the e is important)

Alvin Gentry

Tony Bennett

All I can think of off the top of my head. If you add a guy, copy and paste the whole list so we can keep it comprehensive.