Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO @ Memphis

Memphis shot 65% in that period. Our defense is flippin' terrible. I miss having an enforcer down low.

I mean, they're hitting second chance shots off of deflections off the side of the backboard and leaning contested last second threes. Nothing you can do about that.

I mean, they're hitting second chance shots off of deflections off the side of the backboard and leaning contested last second threes. Nothing you can do about that.

Yeah, if their half-court set ends in a fading 3 by Jeff Green or a turn-around 20 footer off a pass that was deflected then bounced off the backboard, both with the shot clock at 1, you take that any day of the week. Sometimes, both those shots go in; they're still the kind of shots you want the other team to make.

A parallel: sometimes Hedo's terrible hero shots went in; they were still terrible shots.

Well, that was fun while it lasted. Gordon brings a contagious energy when he is in, him and Payton seem to feed off one another. It will be nice when his minute restriction is gone.