Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: ORLANDO MAGIC AT DETROIT PISTONS

Dedmon is this year's Earl Clark/DeAndre Liggins/DeQuan Jones/Stanley Robinson/Ish Smith. Sports fans can be so insufferable.

I would chalk it up to trolling, but we really don't give people enough credit for just being morons whose only solution is to complain.

People in general (not speaking specifically about anyone on this board) have a mental block when it comes to their team. When things go wrong it's never the fact that the team isn't good or that outcomes of games sometimes relies on luck. It's always something vague like effort or something we're all in the dark about like coaching.

So a young hustle player who is good at defense is always going to catch the eye of fans.

Young= only going to get better. If he can do something great once, maybe he can do that thing every game. He's young so maybe he can do that thing 3x as often if he received more minutes.

Hustle= always playing at their best. If a guy is a hustle guy he's always going to be doing good things.

Defense= positive plays. Offensive guys can let you down by missing shots but defensive guys have a high probability of not negative plays. If the other team scores they just made a good play.

It's all a psychological thing.

To be honest, I felt like I was over-hyping Gordon's return like it would make a major unrealistic difference.

Dedmon is this year's Earl Clark/DeAndre Liggins/DeQuan Jones/Stanley Robinson/Ish Smith. Sports fans can be so insufferable.

I would chalk it up to trolling, but we really don't give people enough credit for just being morons whose only solution is to complain.

Ish Smith was, is, and always will be better than Chris Duhon. That was completely legitimate, as people wanted him to be the 2nd stringer instead of the 3rd stringer.

As for the rest of it, I hear ya.

SteveO I agree with you in theory. In theory, communism works...in theory.

In all seriousness, I get your point. But I have yet to be disappointed in Dedmons limited play -- as opposed to the others you've mentioned. In fact he gets me riled up.

Ish Smith was, is, and always will be better than Chris Duhon. That was completely legitimate, as people wanted him to be the 2nd stringer instead of the 3rd stringer.

As for the rest of it, I hear ya.

Is duhon in the league anymore?

From Wikipedia

"According to police reports, following an argument, Duhon was intentionally hit by an automobile in an Orlando, Florida parking garage. His head hit the car's windshield. Duhon was taken to a hospital and could not recall the incident. The driver escaped, and police are investigating the incident as aggravated battery."

I'm looking at you, Jareth Cutestory.

Is duhon in the league anymore?

From Wikipedia

"According to police reports, following an argument, Duhon was intentionally hit by an automobile in an Orlando, Florida parking garage. His head hit the car's windshield. Duhon was taken to a hospital and could not recall the incident. The driver escaped, and police are investigating the incident as aggravated battery."

I'm looking at you, Jareth Cutestory.

You're clearly not worthy of salvation if you think Jareth Cutestory knows how to drive a car.

SteveO I agree with you in theory. In theory, communism works...in theory.

In all seriousness, I get your point. But I have yet to be disappointed in Dedmons limited play -- as opposed to the others you've mentioned. In fact he gets me riled up.

I honestly think he'll end up being a more useful (and exciting) player than any of the others listed, but he really just needs to learn how to play basketball. He's a passable shot blocker and alley oop target.

I honestly think he'll end up being a more useful (and exciting) player than any of the others listed, but he really just needs to learn how to play basketball. He's a passable shot blocker and alley oop target.

You know he's almost 26, right?

Do u watch basketball? Oh and how many years has Dedmon been playing?, not many if you have watched this year, quite a few times the announcers have said that Dewayne has limited experience as he started late in life playing.

I guess some of you love to watch Frye get torched night in and night out or maybe its his grabbing fouls at half court when he justs doesn't feel like moving or hustling.

Or it could be the moving screens 25 feet from the basket. Or is it the numerous games with under 5 rebounds. I got it you love to watch 6" 10" guys launch 3's like their the next Reggie Miller when their more like Jerrold Sasser.

You know he's almost 26, right?

Yeah, but at worst he's serviceable. I'm not saying he needs more minutes or anything. It doesn't take much to be more useful than the other players I mentioned.

Do u watch basketball? Oh and how many years has Dedmon been playing?, not many if you have watched this year, quite a few times the announcers have said that Dewayne has limited experience as he started late in life playing.

I guess some of you love to watch Frye get torched night in and night out or maybe its his grabbing fouls at half court when he justs doesn't feel like moving or hustling.

Or it could be the moving screens 25 feet from the basket. Or is it the numerous games with under 5 rebounds. I got it you love to watch 6" 10" guys launch 3's like their the next Reggie Miller when their more like Jerrold Sasser.

Fantastic. I'm going to enjoy watching him when he gets the requisite experience accumulation as a 30 year old.

Also #their