Sign in to follow this  
jjgator

Off topic, but I'm posting it anyways(ESPN legally without cable)

Sad..thing about cable..is that they've already put cable online completely just to save it.. I could watch every mainstream channel on my internet through brighthouse live tv website. Television is being destroyed by the internet and youtube/google market. Who would have thought something would be better than cable. Internet slit the tv's throat.

Now you have smart tv's and tv's that can connect to your desktop computer through hdmi. Gotta sell a television somehow since people are build rigs, cutting their internet cable for netflix, and using external drives to store all their shows. There's always an alternative.

Yes but live sports has been why people don't cut cable. If this type of stuff happens we are in business, and it slowly is.

There is an NBA streaming site that you pay for. It's high Def and I think it's $99 a year or so.

Add $20 a month for ESPN/TNT and then buy a nice HD antenna, and you should be all set.

Yes but live sports has been why people don't cut cable. If this type of stuff happens we are in business, and it slowly is.

There is an NBA streaming site that you pay for. It's high Def and I think it's $99 a year or so.

Add $20 a month for ESPN/TNT and then buy a nice HD antenna, and you should be all set.

NBA League Pass? It is 200 @ the start of the season and goes down as the season goes on(it was 169 during the holidays and it usually seems to drop in price further during the all star break. It is also cheaper if you want to pick only 5 teams to watch). I cut off my cable a while ago and sports is the only thing I missed, so this service seems pretty nice(I could get a buddy's password for WatchESPN, but I'm trying not do get into any illegal stuff online). Any regular TV I can just download for 2 bucks an episode and I can legally keep it forever and I'm still paying significantly less to watch TV. Most of the 'experts' are saying this service isn't a game changer, but it's pretty big for cord cutters(then again, WatchESPN is still free for non cable users that have internet accounts with the big providers, but they have to watch it after it airs. With this new service you can watch ESPN and ESPN2 and other channels live legally without cable).

NBA League Pass? It is 200 @ the start of the season and goes down as the season goes on(it was 169 during the holidays and it usually seems to drop in price further during the all star break. It is also cheaper if you want to pick only 5 teams to watch). I cut off my cable a while ago and sports is the only thing I missed, so this service seems pretty nice(I could get a buddy's password for WatchESPN, but I'm trying not do get into any illegal stuff online). Any regular TV I can just download for 2 bucks an episode and I can legally keep it forever and I'm still paying significantly less to watch TV. Most of the 'experts' are saying this service isn't a game changer, but it's pretty big for cord cutters(then again, WatchESPN is still free for non cable users that have internet accounts with the big providers, but they have to watch it after it airs. With this new service you can watch ESPN and ESPN2 and other channels live legally without cable).

No way better than that. It is called Ballstreams and operates outside of the NBA's jurisdiction. Strongly suggest checking it out, since it is a site you would pay for. Grey area between legal and illegal in that regard.

Sad..thing about cable..is that they've already put cable online completely just to save it.. I could watch every mainstream channel on my internet through brighthouse live tv website. Television is being destroyed by the internet and youtube/google market. Who would have thought something would be better than cable. Internet slit the tv's throat.

Now you have smart tv's and tv's that can connect to your desktop computer through hdmi. Gotta sell a television somehow since people are build rigs, cutting their internet for netflix, and using external drives to store all their shows. There's always an alternative.

WDTV live FTW

I looked into starting a internet TV company. The problem is ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox want too much money to air their channels. You have to pay them if you are going to charge for it otherwise they take you to court and shut you down.

I looked into starting a internet TV company. The problem is ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox want too much money to air their channels. You have to pay them if you are going to charge for it otherwise they take you to court and shut you down.

Check out Ballstreams model. They are based out of a country that protects them against that very scenario.

Check out Ballstreams model. They are based out of a country that protects them against that very scenario.

It doesn't protect the people that are streaming it though right? I'm kind of weary about paying for a service that is in a legal gray area.