Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Are we better without Victor Oladipo?

I have been watching all season long. I've noticed that our ball movement has regressed ever since Oladipo came back. It's like we regressed to the way things were last year. Food for thought: after comparing our play the past 3-4 games (despite a win there), I feel that our team has regressed when Oladipo is at the PG/starting lineup. Anyone else care to say anything about that? The flow is so much superior with a true PG like Payton running the show. We were competitive even during the earlier games when we started.

I have been watching all season long. I've noticed that our ball movement has regressed ever since Oladipo came back. It's like we regressed to the way things were last year. Food for thought: after comparing our play the past 3-4 games (despite a win there), I feel that our team has regressed when Oladipo is at the PG/starting lineup. Anyone else care to say anything about that? The flow is so much superior with a true PG like Payton running the show. We were competitive even during the earlier games when we started.

It's because he's playing PG. He's not a pg. Never was. He can handle the ball. He can find the open man, but he's not a pg. I don't know if JV thinks he can mold him into a Westbrook prototype or what. It's gotta stop though.

Really?! Really?! This is really a thread?! Our prized draft pick from last year, who actually had a damn good rookie season despite being played out of position for the majority of the year, and who is months behind schedule because of a knee injury and a literal broken face, and we want to discus abandoning ship on him when he hasn't even played 10 games yet. We really are a spoiled fan base, huh?

But, I will say it baffles me the leash that Jacque Vaughn has Elfrid on...

It's because he's playing PG. He's not a pg. Never was. He can handle the ball. He can find the open man, but he's not a pg. I don't know if JV thinks he can mold him into a Westbrook prototype or what. It's gotta stop though.

I agree. I hope JV changes the starting lineup for the next game.

Really?! Really?! This is really a thread?! Our prized draft pick from last year, who actually had a damn good rookie season despite being played out of position for the majority of the year, and who is months behind schedule because of a knee injury and a literal broken face, and we want to discus abandoning ship on him when he hasn't even played 10 games yet. We really are a spoiled fan base, huh?

The title is to get people's attention. I too believe he's just playing out of position. Dipo is better as a SG not PG.

But, I will say it baffles me the leash that Jacque Vaughn has Elfrid on...

Payton is very inconsistent and lately, he's making bad decisions. Only reasoning for me still wanting him to start is 1. Him and Vic are suppose to be our backcourt of the future. Let them gain the chemistry. 2. He's gonna learn more playing against starting PG's than playing against 2nd stringers and 3. His defense.

This

This

Do you ever doubt our head coaches decision. I remember you never doubted SVG either. You are the biggest homer I have ever seen.

To reply to the OP. Yes we are worse with Oladipo at point. It is a clear as the fact that Payton4thewin will defend ANY coach of the magic.

VO is shooting horribly, His assists are down, his overall play has taken a step back. Yes he got hurt but not until the start of preseason, he had all summer before that to improve his game and I just don't see it.

Payton is a true point guard and is a better fit for us Period. And he is a rookie with 17 games under his belt. His confidence is getting better even with JV jacking his minutes around.

Do you ever doubt our head coaches decision. I remember you never doubted SVG either. You are the biggest homer I have ever seen.

To reply to the OP. Yes we are worse with Oladipo at point. It is a clear as the fact that Payton4thewin will defend ANY coach of the magic.

VO is shooting horribly, His assists are down, his overall play has taken a step back. Yes he got hurt but not until the start of preseason, he had all summer before that to improve his game and I just don't see it.

Payton is a true point guard and is a better fit for us Period. And he is a rookie with 17 games under his belt. His confidence is getting better even with JV jacking his minutes around.

Because I've been around long enough to realize that analyzing long term trends is better than knee jerk reactions. People wanted SVG fired for giving up on Ariza. People wanted SVG fired when he played Mo Evans over JJ. People wanted SVG fired when Shaq called him a Master of Panic. In reality, SVG was the best coach this franchise has ever had.

There are issues that Vaughn has. His rotations are weird. Payton should play more in light of his recent play. But I'm not going to judge a guys coaching performance based on 17 games of real action where he's integrating 8 new players into 7 existing ones. Especially when there's been multiple players missing significant time, multiple players playing through nagging injuries, and the majority of our roster is comprised of college aged players who aren't the most consistent guys to begin with.

• Upvote 2

That is an awfully long response to the word "this". I would ask where in 4thwin's post he defends JV's coaching, but asking that would be just as stupid as your above post considering his post was "this".

You are one of those irrational fans that majority of this board cares little for. The fact that you treat a sprained knee and facial fractures as basically "minor" injuries proves this. I look forward to mid December when Oladipo has games and his legs back underneath him, and starts to play at a much higher level, to watch all you irrational fans come back with we love Oladipo, Oladipo for Allstar team. Get your head out of your ass.