Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

GAME THREAD: Clippers @ Magic

But when Payton plays, he can't penetrate and make plays like we want him to because, though athletic, guys sag off of him, making it extremely difficult for him to penetrate. If he can't penetrate and can't shoot on the outside, it becomes 4 on 5. I can understand the mentality of why it's hard to give him good minutes until he gets his shot down. The beginning of the season, no one knew whether he could shoot or not. Now everyone knows based on the game-tape and gives him PLENTY of space.

Until he gets that jumper, it will be really hard for him to do much, as it was with Rondo.

But when Payton plays, he can't penetrate and make plays like we want him to because, though athletic, guys sag off of him, making it extremely difficult for him to penetrate. If he can't penetrate and can't shoot on the outside, it becomes 4 on 5. I can understand the mentality of why it's hard to give him good minutes until he gets his shot down. The beginning of the season, no one knew whether he could shoot or not. Now everyone knows based on the game-tape and gives him PLENTY of space.

Until he gets that jumper, it will be really hard for him to do much, as it was with Rondo.

Sure when Payton is on the floor by himself he has some lacks. But paired with Victor, you don't need Payton to hit the hole, Victor can and bring with him 3 defenders.

I think they could compliment each other. Victor needs help with getting the ball to the open man instead of taking the world on. And if he does then there has to be a late cutter/trailer like Payton to put in the easy shot.

Victor was garbage tonight. Just really bad. Couldn't shoot, bad turnovers, couldn't stay in front of CP3 (to be honest nobody really can). Vuc and Tobias played well. Frye was ok too but fouled too much trying to slow down Griffin. First game this year I have turned off before last minute or so.

I know I'm just looking at the box score, but Payton has the most assists on our team at 5 and has played a total of 9 minutes compared to Vic's 29 with 4 assists.

I really, really, really, REALLY cannot wait for Payton to get a jump shot and become a top 10 NBA PG. He has the capabilities if he man can just get some sort of reliability in this area. He literally has EVERYTHING else...