Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Orlando Magic vs. Washington Wizards Gamethread

I figured Harkless would be out of the rotation but not with oladipo out

How did you like JV's answer for not playing him tonight?

In case you did not hear it, it went something like this "Ummm I wanted to try some new things Ummm trying to see what combinations work...ummm........Moe know that I have confidence in him Ummm....we will use everyboday........yahda yahda yahda!!!

Come on Man!! JV I love ya but really?

How did you like JV's answer for not playing him tonight?

In case you did not hear it, it went something like this "Ummm I wanted to try some new things Ummm trying to see what combinations work...ummm........Moe know that I have confidence in him Ummm....we will use everyboday........yahda yahda yahda!!!

Come on Man!! JV I love ya but really?

We will use everybody, except Moe and I won't tell you why because it's a secret.

We will use everybody, except Moe and I won't tell you why because it's a secret.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight guy's!

I feel like JV and Henny are normally pretty straight forward. There is definitely intentionality with why Moe isn't playing.

Anyone else wonder if the team knows or if the guys who are Moe's friends are just feeling kind of awkward?

I dislike this offense, which seems to be the same one we have been playing the last 2yrs, and it netted us 2 top 5 picks.

However I know we are not going for picks, so is this it? Is this our team. If so, then my god, when is the offseason.

I wish we would have put in a better defender to guard Paul Peirce at the end -- he completely torched Ben Gordon. I realize Ben was there for offense, but this is where Harkless' or A. Gordon's length could have came in handy.

I wish we would have put in a better defender to guard Paul Peirce at the end -- he completely torched Ben Gordon. I realize Ben was there for offense, but this is where Harkless' or A. Gordon's length could have came in handy.

The way I see it, Ben Gordon is addition by subtraction, what you get on offense (if he is hitting his shots) you lose on defense, especially with a prolific scorer PP!

Moe would have no problem staying in front of him, and could have slashed his way into the paint to either score or get to the line! Sigh!!

For this reason, I have no faith in JV's answer as to why Moe has not played! On to the next game!!

smile_crabwalk.gif

The way I see it, Ben Gordon is addition by subtraction, what you get on offense (if he is hitting his shots) you lose on defense, especially with a prolific scorer PP!

Moe would have no problem staying in front of him, and could have slashed his way into the paint to either score or get to the line! Sigh!!

For this reason, I have no faith in JV's answer as to why Moe has not played! On to the next game!!

smile_crabwalk.gif

You are insane

Some of you are just lost causes with basketball opinions. Every single time we trade for someone who you don't know, you fabricate reasons why not to like him because he's taking minutes away from some other guy whose been on the team longer. It happened with afflalo, now it's happening with Gordon.

Gordon had 22 points on 12 shots, 4 assists against 1turnover and a +/- of +9

But of course he's the reason we lost :svgsad:

Some of you are just lost causes with basketball opinions. Every single time we trade for someone who you don't know, you fabricate reasons why not to like him because he's taking minutes away from some other guy whose been on the team longer. It happened with afflalo, now it's happening with Gordon.

But of course he's the reason we lost :svgsad:/>

The reason we lost towards the end there was that vuc couldn't make his last few shots. The reason we lost the game was poor d on john wall and not stopping that pick and roll with gortat very impressed with Fourier and Gordon as well as vuc even though he wasnt on que towards the end

But of course he's the reason we lost :svgsad:/>

The reason we lost is because we couldn't get anything going on offense and couldn't stop John Wall on defense.

Ben Gordon did a good job. You ride his hand while he's hot (and if he's not you take him out because he will continue to chuck up shots to find his rhythm). However, he's a 6'3" shooting guard. He is indeed clearly undersized (though I guess one could make the argument that we ALL loved J.J. Redick and he was only 6'4").

Optimally, you want a guy who is larger (defensive length) who can generate offense like Ben Gordon. Problem is - a guy like that is normally considered a fringe All-Star.

All of this is a moot point though. When Oladipo comes back, he and Gordon can play at the end of games with Oladipo running point and then guarding the better (or bigger) of the two guards.