Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

Just let this nightmare of a coaching stint be over. Maybe Otis Smith and JV can hook up and ruin another franchise somewhere else.The guy proved again tonight he has no concept of matchups and sat there and watched Frye get torched over and over on D until it was a 16 point lead. Willie green was just a last ditch effort to throw someone else out there and he actually stepped up. We have another big man on the bench in Dedmon that will at least give effort and could have helped against their big. Does JV put him in..of course not. Just sick of the one step forward two steps back and no longterm improvements. Already looking forward to next year and it's not even All Star Break.

Yeah guys..... I am with you here, I can never really get used to watching 7ft players just walk up an lay the ball in, at an open basket! It reeks of softness!!!

KOQ, Frye, combined for 2 rebounds tonight......excellent!

I am also searching for defensive highlights of Frye just once leaving his feet..... can't find it!! But JV watches just as we do while he gets burnt and abused on defense every time down the floor!

I would not mind a coach like Thibs, but I think he does not have the fast paced offensive approach that our roster needs to run....effectively!!

Yeah guys..... I am with you here, I can never really get used to watching 7ft players just walk up an lay the ball in, at an open basket! It reeks of softness!!!

KOQ, Frye, combined for 2 rebounds tonight......excellent!

I am also searching for defensive highlights of Frye just once leaving his feet..... can't find it!! But JV watches just as we do while he gets burnt and abused on defense every time down the floor!

I would not mind a coach like Thibs, but I think he does not have the fast paced offensive approach that our roster needs to run....effectively!!

Maybe we need to pick and choose when we decide to run. Maybe second halves or when the matchup dictates it.

Maybe we need to pick and choose when we decide to run. Maybe second halves or when the matchup dictates it.

We also to play Dedmon more when the matchup dictates it for better defense.

At the expense of kyle?

yes. Dedmon may not have the best BBall IQ but the dude hustles and plays defense first and foremost, which is what we have been lacking recently. i recently posted about the fact that if we werent scoring as high as we did in those games we won vs bulls/houston, we wouldnt have stood a chance. our defense let them shoot >50% and they scored over 110 points.

Our defense is sorely lacking. And when our offense cant make up for it (like the last few games), we get killed.

I like KOQ but the guy is overrated. he's not much of a threat offensively and his defense is questionable at best.

• Upvote 2

From simmons' trade value column today

...Vucevic needs to fix the whole “Right now, I’m a much better fantasy player than a real NBA player” thing. At gunpoint, I’d pick Vucevic only because we have to take every current Magic player’s career with a grain of salt — it’s unclear whether Jacque Vaughn should be managing a Costco, much less coaching an NBA team.

That reminds me: There’s a heated six-way race right now between Vaughn, Monty Williams, David Blatt, Byron Scott, Scott Brooks and Ty “I’m Baaaaaack!” Corbin for 2015’s coveted Vinny Del Negro Award, given annually to the bumbling NBA coach who generated the most night-to-night Twitter snark. I’m going to announce this award on Twitter with 27 seconds left to go in the regular season, but only after I accidentally called my last timeout after blowing my chance for a two-for-one. And then I’m going to have Tyreke Evans retweet me with one second left in the regular season while standing 22 feet from his computer with a hand in his face. Stay tuned.

d91.gif

Not that I'm strictly on the "fire Jacque" wagon but here's an article i found from a little while ago (this summer I think) about the good coaching prospects that are out there because I'm tired of hearing the same 5 or 6 names get thrown around (Karl, Malone, Jackson etc)

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/67711/the-next-wave-of-head-coaching-prospects

I think, if we were to look for a new coach any time soon, we'd probably be more likely to pick a current assistant coach or a college coach over some of these big name coaches people mention. Obviously I haven't heard of most of the assistant coaches on that list but I think Tony Bennett is an interesting guy. He has Virginia at 19-0 and they're first in the country in points allowed per game and I could probably only name one of their players. Not sure if he'd be a good fit with us but he certainly must be looking ever more likely to get an NBA job offer sooner rather than later.