Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Grantland preview

O'Quinn will have a very long NBA career as a back up big who can fill in bigger minutes when the main rotation guys have foul trouble or get injured.

Most of the time he will be a 5 to 10 mpg guy who will happily cash paychecks and be a good person to have in the locker room.

O'Quinn is one of my favorite players on the team but so is Bo Outlaw.

Just a great locker room and energy guy who will always give 100% but not someone who should be playing major minutes on a contender.

O'Quinn is one of my favorite players on the team but so is Bo Outlaw.

Just a great locker room and energy guy who will always give 100% but not someone who should be playing major minutes on a contender.

It's going to be tough when we're forced to upgrade the end of the bench. A lot of these guys show promise but eventually a few of these guys are going to leave.

I don't think Harkless is on the team in 2 years. Just no room at SF.

It's going to be tough when we're forced to upgrade the end of the bench. A lot of these guys show promise but eventually a few of these guys are going to leave.

I don't think Harkless is on the team in 2 years. Just no room at SF.

If Gordon can get to a point where he's primarily a 4, then I could buy Harkless hanging around as a combo 2/3; a 3 and D guy who can slash.

But if Gordon winds up primarily a wing, there's just not a place for Harkless.

Right.

We're talking about a player whose best case scenario is "PJ Brown, with worse defense but better passing."

Pump the breaks a bit on how important a building block he is, guys.

Pump the breaks? Do you mean brakes?

I wasn't claiming he's a building block, just questioning your statement there would be a total of 4.5 total minutes per game to split between O'Quinn and Nicholson.

If Gordon can get to a point where he's primarily a 4, then I could buy Harkless hanging around as a combo 2/3; a 3 and D guy who can slash.

But if Gordon winds up primarily a wing, there's just not a place for Harkless.

I agree. Also this hinges on resigning Tobias.

Hopefully Gordon is a "Shawn Marion or non-fat Boris Diaw" type 4. I think that would be great for us and allow him to play two positions frequently.

I wasn't claiming he's a building block, just questioning your statement there would be a total of 4.5 total minutes per game to split between O'Quinn and Nicholson.

That's why you don't jump into the middle of a conversation on the long term importance of o'quinn to nitpick the amount of minutes people are going to play.

Did I really write breaks? That's funny.

Anyway, that line was directed at the people claiming that O'Quinn WAS a building block earlier in the thread, not at you. My bad that that wasn't clear.

Did I really write breaks? That's funny.

Anyway, that line was directed at the people claiming that O'Quinn WAS a building block earlier in the thread, not at you. My bad that that wasn't clear.

We're good, I was skimming through while trying to finish a work project and misinterpreted.

Right.

We're talking about a player whose best case scenario is "PJ Brown, with worse defense but better passing."

Pump the breaks a bit on how important a building block he is, guys.

I'll be pretty ecstatic with a poor man's PJ Brown.