Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Not sure how much of this is BS but....

Tobias Harris May Have Interest In Signing With Knicks

“I’m telling you if the Knicks come at him hard, who wouldn’t want to play for their hometown team?” a Harris confidant told SNY.tv and The Knicks Blog.

Harris is a native of Long Island and worked out multiple times this past summer with Carmelo Anthony.

“They play well together,” the confidant said. “Carmelo always had him on his team when Kevin Durant came to town and they would win every game.”

Source: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235537/Tobias-Harris-Has-Interest-In-Signing-With-Knicks

It's true. He is incentivized to play in a large market in his shoe deal. There is a reason Phil Jackson was caught on camera last night looking at the guy like I look at a stripper at Dancer's.

TreyTime, the most the Magic would pay is $9mm. Could that change? Maybe, but that is what they offered.

I say free up that 9 and lets stay flexible for when the opportunity to get a star FA presents itself.

I asked josh robbins and he said "maybe by Friday"

I'll be at the game tomorrow and it'll be the first game I'll have watched thus far so I approve

I wonder if Henny will be able to pull off a sign-and-trade of some sort or will simply let him walk as a FA. I"m happy to let him play and prove his worth as long as it keeps us winning.

On a different note, say that the market out there is not high on Harris. When he signs a contracts as a RFA, how much would you be willing to pay to keep him? As in how much would you be willing to match in light of either keeping him or using him as a valued trade-chip?

It's way too soon to know his value. If he stays healthy, this will be his first full season of playing significant minutes in the NBA as a starter, and we still don't know what the new cap space is going to be. If he averages 20 and 10, improves his FG% and defense, he could be offered big money, and we might want to match it. If he continues playing the way he has been of late, I can't imagine anybody throwing big money his way, and he might have a change of heart and actually give the Magic a home team discount to stay here. Either way, Henny is in the driver's seat, and if he signs him or uses him as a trade chip, we definitely get more out of the JJ trade than the Bucks. Henny wins again.

It's true. He is incentivized to play in a large market in his shoe deal. There is a reason Phil Jackson was caught on camera last night looking at the guy like I look at a stripper at Dancer's.

TreyTime, the most the Magic would pay is $9mm. Could that change? Maybe, but that is what they offered.

I say free up that 9 and lets stay flexible for when the opportunity to get a star FA presents itself.

I agree with this thinking. I'm not in love with Harris and I believe Gordon and Harkless, although not as good on the offensive end, can pick up the slack if he moves on. Plus they are both much better defenders. Fournier's emergence also takes the pressure off potentially losing Harris' scoring, as he looks like a viable 3rd offensive option at the moment.

The best thing for the Magic would be for Harris to continue to grow and be more consistent. Certain nights he looks like Melo and other nights he's forcing shots and hogging the ball. I really like his potential and believe he could be an all-star. We'll see.

I agree with this thinking. I'm not in love with Harris and I believe Gordon and Harkless, although not as good on the offensive end, can pick up the slack if he moves on. Plus they are both much better defenders. Fournier's emergence also takes the pressure off potentially losing Harris' scoring, as he looks like a viable 3rd offensive option at the moment.

3rd option? Don't you mean 4th behind Vuc, Oladipo, and Fournier?