Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Tell me why. Dipo seems to play his worst ball in the 1st quarters… trying to do far too much. And I'm still not convinced he's a good pairing with Easy's game.

This is reactionary thinking to a string of Oladipo bad games. The issue is Oladipo and Harris are the only two guys who can create their own offense. Fournier can't do that. Fournier is also crazy streaky. At this stage of his career he's a 2 nights on, 3 nights off type of guy.

Our main issue right now is we have 3 guys in the staring lineup who aren't every night scoring threats. I'd much rather run Fournier at SF to give us a boost that way.

This is reactionary thinking to a string of Oladipo bad games. The issue is Oladipo and Harris are the only two guys who can create their own offense. Fournier can't do that. Fournier is also crazy streaky. At this stage of his career he's a 2 nights on, 3 nights off type of guy.

Our main issue right now is we have 3 guys in the starting lineup who aren't every night scoring threats. I'd much rather run Fournier at SF to give us a boost that way.

I think our main issue is consistent shooting and interior defense. It just looks to me that Fournier has a more consistent outside shot than Dipo, though I admit he's streaky, too. When I look at Easy, I see a guy who needs outside bombers like Rondo had in Boston. I honestly believe this current team would win more games with someone like JJ starting at SG than Dipo. I would be very curious what a veteran coach would do with this team.

Nikola Vucevic is not an All Star this year. He is not one because he is boring. You do not seek him out. He is normcore basketball. Vucevic is toothpaste. He does what you need him to do, and he does it very well in most cases, but you are not going to talk about him, or tweet about him. You’ll watch him when he plays your team, and you’ll imagine that he is not doing a lot until you stare down at the GameCast on your phone and realize that he has 20 and 10 and it’s early in the fourth.

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2015/02/10/hardwood-paroxysm-alternative-stars-nikola-vucevic/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pretty funny descriptions of Vooch

• Upvote 1

Outside of the potential hiring of Scott Skiles, not an awful lot is known about the Orlando Magic’s search for its next head coach after firing Jacque Vaughn last week. But one thing is very clear, if so often overlooked: Tobias Harris should be the biggest attraction for whoever becomes the next coach of the Magic.

As an offensive focal point, Harris has maintained a nice 10.2 turnover percentage versus a 23.4 usage rate. Per Synergy, 14.1% of Harris’s action on the offensive end this season has come as the pick-and-roll ball-handler, and he’s scored 0.897 points in those chances, putting him in the 84th percentile in the league. Considering Harris averages just 2.0 assists per game, a majority of the outcomes of his pick-and-roll chances end in shots, not passes, which could either fall in line with Harris’s makeup as a player or the way Vaughn’s offensive system was designed. Either way, he has the chance to be an extremely dangerous guy off a ball-screen.

Harris has also been very dangerous in the post this season, scoring 1.012 points per post-up possession, good for the 88th percentile in the NBA. While they make up just 9.9% of his touches, Harris has been more efficient in the post than Carmelo Anthony this season, who has scored a respectable 0.964 points per possession on a higher volume of opportunities. Melo, a player of similar build (6′ 8″, 240 pounds) scored 0.901 points per post-up in 2006-07, his age-22 season, albeit on what will likely end up being double the number of looks.

There are many young platers who come in the league maybe a year too early (in our opinion) and seem to drop off the face of the Earth if they don’t produce right away. I think, as a group, we tend to label players “busts” way, way too early in their careers. Harris is about to get his second NBA contract – what’s sure to be a fat one, at that – and he’ll celebrate that offer sheet signing near his 23rd birthday. So, as a soon-to-be free agent, one whom I’m sure Orlando’s next coach will want to lock up as soon as possible, Harris will have four years of solid playing experience under his belt and he won’t have reached his physical or mental peak in the league.

http://bballbreakdow...-tobias-harris/

I like him, just not on the same front line as Vucevic.

I agree. Though I'm also open to the possibility that he'd do better with a coach that had better defensive schemes