Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

But lets not kid ourselves - Harris is not Leonard. I'm sorry, but he does not have that ability on the defensive end.

I was talking about him potentially being Finals MVP. Tobias might have more offensive potential than Leonard and under Popovich he'd be seen as a star

I'd agree but his defense is BAD at SF. I mean its so bad that Marble comes in as a rookie and plays better D at that spot.

Leonard is one of the best defenders in the league. Sorry, but no. Harris does not have that lateral speed to be the all around SF that Leonard is - Won't happen.

You want Harris, that means he needs to start canning his 3s on a Frye level and playing PF on defense and letting Gordon play the SFs.

Thats a really intriguing tandem that we have yet to really see work together on the floor.

But lets not kid ourselves - Harris is not Leonard. I'm sorry, but he does not have that ability on the defensive end.

I'm with Mauro on this one. I think Harris is a great asset trending upwards. I also find it interesting that Dipo and he just became the NBPA reps for the Magic. Yes, Harris' defense is not on the same level with Leonard's, but from what I can see it is better than Dipo's and is not BAD at SF:

Harris' DRtg: 106; Harris' DWS: 1.4 (http://www.basketbal.../harrito02.html)

Dipos' DRtg: 107; Dipo's DWS: 1.0 (http://www.basketbal.../oladivi01.html)

Meanwhile, at SF opponents have a PER of 15.0 against Harris, while he averages a PER of 17.3. (Interestingly, at PF opponents have a PER of 15.3 against Harris, while he averages a PER of 21.4http://www.82games.c...415/14ORL10.HTM).

For me, the ultimate question is whether Harris "fits" in whatever system our team hopes to deploy and whether the value is worth it at his expected price point.

EDIT: My dream would be to secure Leonard, by the way.

Let me also say this… O'Quinn looks like a horrible fit in this fast-paced new system we're running. Not sure what's happened to him.

Let me also say this… O'Quinn looks like a horrible fit in this fast-paced new system we're running. Not sure what's happened to him.

He's more of a traditional big. I like the fact that he's blocking some shots so he might have a chance to be our long term backup C.

He has come back down to earth. Was bound to happen, though saying that... I think he is now playing below par, he should adjust with time and finish the season off in what he really is.

I'd like it if Dedmon started getting more mins at back-up C because he is much more athletic than Kyle and is a superior defender. I see him as a long-term option off the bench behind Vuc.

I CANNOT wait to have Gordon back.

This. Our slump was due to lack of heart, Aaron plays really hard and the team seems to have taken a huge step in the right direction

You guys are overestimating T12.He is not nearly as athletic as Leonard. I love the guy but I would not give him the max like Leonard is looking for.

Finals MVP is a fantasy argument that really doesn't make much sense to me. Leonard is not an amazing player because of that. He is amazing because he is so athletic, can defend at high level and can shoot the 3 ball.

Harris does have a little more offensive potential but that also can boil down to usage.

There is no way that Harris defense is better than Dipos. Just use your eyes. Watch what Marble has done on defense out there in comparison . He is starting over more experienced guys right now for a reason. You can't use those stats when Dipo never gets hidden on D and Harris does.

Yes when Gordon comes back, Harris could be MORE effective, because that is the pairing we all want to see. Gordon will always guard the better player as well for a reason.

Harris is a BAD defender at SF. It's just how it is.

Stuns me that people can't see how well Marble's defense is contributing to this run we are having.

Yeah, Harris is a decent defender, not solid, not good, not excellent, decent. He can, every once in a while, give you a good defensive play, but he doesn't do it 100% of the time. Marble, however...is playing pretty good defense and I'm sure his offense will start clicking soon. I don't want to sound optimistic, but I think he could be an option at the three if we are really set on Gordon being a 4 for this team going forward, especially if he can hit the three and play D. I could see him being Trevor Ariza. A solid defender, who hits threes, and can score when needed to, but never the go to guy. That is pretty much what I see from Marble. He will need to hit shots though, as he wasn't hitting any last night against Houston.

Its why I'm willing to let Harris walk. If we can get a guy like Butler or Leonard in the offseason for the same money we would offer Harris...I say do it, but I doubt we pry either from their respective teams. Green is more believable than either option and would fit in well here. Also, ball movement seems to be better when we have no Harris than when we do...just saying.

Yeah, Harris is a decent defender, not solid, not good, not excellent, decent. He can, every once in a while, give you a good defensive play, but he doesn't do it 100% of the time. Marble, however...is playing pretty good defense and I'm sure his offense will start clicking soon. I don't want to sound optimistic, but I think he could be an option at the three if we are really set on Gordon being a 4 for this team going forward, especially if he can hit the three and play D. I could see him being Trevor Ariza. A solid defender, who hits threes, and can score when needed to, but never the go to guy. That is pretty much what I see from Marble. He will need to hit shots though, as he wasn't hitting any last night against Houston.

Its why I'm willing to let Harris walk. If we can get a guy like Butler or Leonard in the offseason for the same money we would offer Harris...I say do it, but I doubt we pry either from their respective teams. Green is more believable than either option and would fit in well here. Also, ball movement seems to be better when we have no Harris than when we do...just saying.

Letting Harris walk for nothing would be beyond silly....