Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

I really don't have a dog in this fight, and I seldom call out a fellow Marine, but after looking through the game threads, there is a definite pattern that you seldom post after wins, and yet you do always seem to have something to say after losses. That is probably why your fan-hood is being questioned.

I'm guilty of this as well. I hardly post after a Magic win because I tend to linger around bars outside the O-rena much longer after a magic win. When we lose I come here to second guess JV and his idiotic rotations. You guys are welcome as I'm sure you enjoy my input....lol. I just wish we had more wins to celebrate.

Does this make anyone less of a Fan for not posting on a forum after a win? Really?

Maybe you meant never having anything positive to say about the team? I could see how that would make someone's "fanhood" be questioned. I on the other hand have positive things to say about our team and coach, 1 out of 2 isn't bad, right?

I'm guilty of this as well. I hardly post after a Magic win because I tend to linger around bars outside the O-rena much longer after a magic win. When we lose I come here to second guess JV and his idiotic rotations. You guys are welcome as I'm sure you enjoy my input....lol. I just wish we had more wins to celebrate.

Does this make anyone less of a Fan for not posting on a forum after a win? Really?

Maybe you meant never having anything positive to say about the team? I could see how that would make someone's "fanhood" be questioned. I on the other hand have positive things to say about our team and coach, 1 out of 2 isn't bad, right?

Actually, I never questioned his fanhood, I just made an attempt to present a possible reason for another member that he was accusing of questioning it. And yes, I would totally agree with your last paragraph.

I miss the heart and hustle days. We were a below average team back then who did it with effort night in and night out. Not this pathetic effort from this year's team every night.

I miss the heart and hustle days. We were a below average team back then who did it with effort night in and night out. Not this pathetic effort from this year's team every night.

Heart and Hustle had a leader coach named Doc Rivers. I believe that's the biggest thing we're missing between those days and now.

Heart and Hustle had a leader coach named Doc Rivers. I believe that's the biggest thing we're missing between those days and now.

Heart and hustle relied on 9 guys who were older than 25

Heart and hustle relied on 9 guys who were older than 25

So help me understand are you saying that you have to be over 25 to show heart and hustle?

If Doc was our coach we would have 20 wins right now easily.

If Doc was our coach we would have 20 wins right now easily.

When Doc coaches he is on fire. When SVG coaches he is passionate. JV is Too Cool for this team. They are not on fire. They lack passion. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS TEAM HAS NO TALENT. This team is much better than this. Blame it on their youth, but they are simply NOT PREPARED and they seem to make plays without PURPOSE. The Magic employ no particular style of play right now. It's like they are winging it day to day, lacking identity. They should have fed Vuc all night long last night, but they relied on mid range shots and layups. The layups were fine, but YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM. This tells me they are not doing drills. They are not training hard enough. This team is simply NOT being conditioned correctly.

JV is in the hot seat. It is obvious.

So help me understand are you saying that you have to be over 25 to show heart and hustle?

I think he is implying our team is still young, and therefore, possibly immature.

Remember the Thunder back in the day? I rest my case.

THIS IS A COACHING STAFF ISSUE NOT A ROSTER ISSUE!!!!! We were better earlier this season. This team has regressed while the other teams around us have improved. You can't mix newbie coach with newbie players. It's a bad combo. The newbie coach has to go.

At this point I would kill for a George Karl or an Avery Johnson. The East is very weak and we could be striving for playoff contention with the right coach. Just stop screwing around, fire Vaughn, and hire somebody who understands the game of basketball at a higher level with a great deal of experience in the coaching position.

At this point I would kill for a George Karl or an Avery Johnson. The East is very weak and we could be striving for playoff contention with the right coach. Just stop screwing around, fire Vaughn, and hire somebody who understands the game of basketball at a higher level with a great deal of experience in the coaching position.

I agree with this. The entire team is backsliding. Bringing in someone else is addition by subtraction at this point.

It was called to my attention on a Zach Oliver article: has anyone notice how Moe hasn't even been on the bench the past two games? They said he was being treated for an injury in the first half of the first game, but nothing was said of the second game.

Internal disciplinary issues?