Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Or maybe we're just maintaining flexibility to see how the rest of the 2015 free agency plays out. LeBron, Aldridge, Love, Leonard, and Butler could all be in play. I'm not a fan of Love next to Vucevic, but the other 4 would all be an upgrade over Harris.

There is 0 chance we get Love IMO.

Aldridge - 1%

Leonard - 5%, but insanely appealing to me. Does not have the point output of Tobias, but his defense makes up for it.

Lebron - Negative 70% chance of that happening.

Butler - 10%. Another amazing score if we could pull this off. This guy is another perfect fit for our team, and could play SG or SF. If you play him at his seemingly true position of SG, he has demonstrated that he is a dominant force and leads the most statically efficient starting 5 in the NBA. That leaves the question of - what does Victor do? (my vote - 6th man who plays SG and PG) . If you think Aaron Gordon can play SF long term (which is scary for other teams), you have to look at trading up to get Towns as your PF.

Elf/Butler/Gordon/Towns/Vuc is a disgustingly scary starting 5.

My #1 choice at FA would be Butler simply because he is a lockdown defender and he is a proven scorer who is shooting 34% from 3.

Add to the fact that you could have Victor and Evan and Frye as your guys off the bench, and that is a serious stew cooking that would gel into a title contender.

Ben Gordon has inexplicably been worth almost an entire win share, and is shooting .478/.421/.837.

Or to put it differently, he's been a solid score-and-do-nothing-else wing off the bench. Which is about what 4m gets you in the NBA.

Remember when people were upset about that contract? Ha, you idiots.

Interesting fact about win share...Ben Gordon has a win share of .7, which breaks down to .6 on offense and .2 on defense.

Channing Frye has a win share of 1.5, which breaks down to .5 on offense and 1.0 on defense.

Does anything really think Frye's defense has contributed more than Gordon's offense?

Ben Gordon has inexplicably been worth almost an entire win share, and is shooting .478/.421/.837.

Or to put it differently, he's been a solid score-and-do-nothing-else wing off the bench. Which is about what 4m gets you in the NBA.

Remember when people were upset about that contract? Ha, you idiots.

There was a reason I stayed off this place during the offseason...

@ZachLowe_NBA: I like watching the Magic. You can see the blurry outlines of something good. Nice last-second double on Wade by Payton to end last night.

@ZachLowe_NBA: Magic have a lot of funky pieces -- in a good way -- and it's fun to watch Vaughn figure out who should play together game-to-game.

Baby, we got a stew goin'

@ZachLowe_NBA: I like watching the Magic. You can see the blurry outlines of something good. Nice last-second double on Wade by Payton to end last night.

@ZachLowe_NBA: Magic have a lot of funky pieces -- in a good way -- and it's fun to watch Vaughn figure out who should play together game-to-game.

Baby, we got a stew goin'

He's been showing us love all year. Lowe is a smart guy, that doesn't get caught up in BS

No one on our team can consistently shoot from range or finish at the rim from game to game.

We also need a more physical interior presence.

Those are two types of players I think the Magic need to add.

No one on our team can consistently shoot from range or finish at the rim from game to game.

We also need a more physical interior presence.

Those are two types of players I think the Magic need to add.

being consistent comes from the top. The more times JV uses different rotations the more inconsistent we will become.

Playoff focused teams have the same 5 night and night out. We are too busy playing people out of position.

being consistent comes from the top. The more times JV uses different rotations the more inconsistent we will become.

Playoff focused teams have the same 5 night and night out. We are too busy playing people out of position.

Speaking about consistency, where were you after the win last night?

That's not really a huge problem. Other teams do encounter injury.

Also, the most efficient starting 5 in the NBA right now is Chicago's. Did they start together at all last year? No they did not.

So Im not buying that argument at all.

That's not really a huge problem. Other teams do encounter injury.

Also, the most efficient starting 5 in the NBA right now is Chicago's. Did they start together at all last year? No they did not.

So Im not buying that argument at all.

You dont have to buy into it, the evidence is there like the Spurs, 2004 Pistons, Heat, Thunder, Rockets, Bulls, etc. Shoot every team that won a champ had a solid rotation (might not be the best depth players).

Maybe you should look beyond a year.

Speaking about consistency, where were you after the win last night?

I was backing up my website sql database and was watching the game. Would of posted but I had some errors to work through.