Sign in to follow this  
A Better DJ & Photographer

During the dead time before training camp let's get to know each other!

I´m 27 and from Estonia. Yeah, I think you all should know where Estonia is. It´s a next to Russia, the same goddamn Russia whos acting like a fool right now. But thats politics..

I´ve been Magic fan since´96, cause this year was historical to estonians: NBA Draft, first round, 25th pick: Martin Muursepp, Miami Heat! First estonian ever in NBA. You can just imagine what that meant to us. Ok, he went to Heat, but this was the first time I heard about NBA and accidentally I saw Orlando Magic basketball club name and I knew this is the team I like. And now, 2014 and I´m still Magic fan.

• Upvote 1

I´m 27 and from Estonia. Yeah, I think you all should know where Estonia is. It´s a next to Russia, the same goddamn Russia whos acting like a fool right now. But thats politics..

I´ve been Magic fan since´96, cause this year was historical to estonians: NBA Draft, first round, 25th pick: Martin Muursepp, Miami Heat! First estonian ever in NBA. You can just imagine what that meant to us. Ok, he went to Heat, but this was the first time I heard about NBA and accidentally I saw Orlando Magic basketball club name and I knew this is the team I like. And now, 2014 and I´m still Magic fan.

I'm always interested to see how non-locals end up as magic fans.

Loved Estonia, completely different to how I imagined it. Tallin is up there in top cities I have visited!

Loved Estonia, completely different to how I imagined it. Tallin is up there in top cities I have visited!

Wow, that´s nice to hear :)

well, 18 years and still counting.

Basketball is a global sport!

Right, but why the magic?

A lot of us had this team chosen for us based on geography.

So I think it's interesting to see how people's fandom starts. It's usually a good story.

Right, but why the magic?

A lot of us had this team chosen for us based on geography.

So I think it's interesting to see how people's fandom starts. It's usually a good story.

How can you explain love at first sight?

Born in Detroit, Michigan... lasted in the cold weather a whole 6 months and relocated to Orlando Florida. Iived and grew up all over Orlando, 3 Elementary Schools, 6 Middle Schools and 2 High Schools (University and Boone). I was once a Orlando Police Explorer in 93 and work for the ATF as a underage operative in 94.

Became a Magic fan by the love of basketball (I played everywhere, all day long), watched when they were our first NBA team in 89.And I also collected basketball cards throughout the years, I have so many rookie cards (Kobe, Tim, Iverson, Wade, Melo, Shaq, Webber, etc). I will have to say that is odd to see basketball cards of players that are now coaches.

Left for the Marines in 98 but took my Magic (and Detroit Lion) pride with me every where I went. I finished my duty in 2004, where I picked up as a Cyber Security guy. Now im 34, just hit it this month. I started my own company called securetelligence, where im creating a home security technology.

• Upvote 1

Born and raised in Utah. Have always loved the Utah Jazz, but I love the Magic more. I liken it unto Archie Manning. You know he roots for Peyton and Eli, but when it comes down to it, he likes Peyton more.

When I started playing basketball as a youth I really wanted Penny's first shoe. Penny soon became my favorite player and the Magic became my favorite team. I never got the shoe as a kid, though I was a proud owner of his second and third shoes. But I finally bought a white pair a few years ago, which, because I don't get the opportunity to play much anymore, is more symbolic than anything else. Penny left, but my love remained. He came back and I"m pissed that we waived him because he was ripe for a comeback. I'm loyal like that.

In fact, the only former Magic player I have ever had ill feelings for (aside from passers-through like Chauncey Billups, who I hated with a passion, along with that whole stupid Pistons team) is Shaq and that's only because of his hatred of Dwight. I still love Dwight and was totally going for the Rockets out West last year. I still love TMac too and always have. The Spurs would have obviously won two years ago if Popovich had played him in the Finals. (Side note, I hate Popovich and Tim Duncan because there are people out there who support the absurd notion that they are better than Jerry Sloan and Karl Malone. Championships don't mean anything, especially when your prime is also Michael Jordan's prime. Again, I'm loyal like that.)

It gave me great pleasure to take my little boy to his first Jazz/Magic game last season here in Utah. Funny story, I bought a Bo Outlaw jersey off ebay many years ago. Even though the listed size was questionable, I just looked at the picture of the jersey on a hanger and determined that it would fit me. It's actually meant for like a 5 year old. I'm thinking it will finally fit my kid this year, so look for a small blonde kid wearing the number 45 on December 5th. We'll probably be the only Magic fans there. Prior to Dwight there were literally like 5 of us at games. The numbers obviously increased in times of prosperity, but they're down again.

I've only been to Orlando once, a couple of years ago, but it was in the summer, so I couldn't come see a game. Can't wait though. Aside from things that actually matter in the grand scheme, attending a Magic game in Orlando is at the top of my bucket list.

Born and raised in Utah. Have always loved the Utah Jazz, but I love the Magic more. I liken it unto Archie Manning. You know he roots for Peyton and Eli, but when it comes down to it, he likes Peyton more.

When I started playing basketball as a youth I really wanted Penny's first shoe. Penny soon became my favorite player and the Magic became my favorite team. I never got the shoe as a kid, though I was a proud owner of his second and third shoes. But I finally bought a white pair a few years ago, which, because I don't get the opportunity to play much anymore, is more symbolic than anything else. Penny left, but my love remained. He came back and I"m pissed that we waived him because he was ripe for a comeback. I'm loyal like that.

In fact, the only former Magic player I have ever had ill feelings for (aside from passers-through like Chauncey Billups, who I hated with a passion, along with that whole stupid Pistons team) is Shaq and that's only because of his hatred of Dwight. I still love Dwight and was totally going for the Rockets out West last year. I still love TMac too and always have. The Spurs would have obviously won two years ago if Popovich had played him in the Finals. (Side note, I hate Popovich and Tim Duncan because there are people out there who support the absurd notion that they are better than Jerry Sloan and Karl Malone. Championships don't mean anything, especially when your prime is also Michael Jordan's prime. Again, I'm loyal like that.)

It gave me great pleasure to take my little boy to his first Jazz/Magic game last season here in Utah. Funny story, I bought a Bo Outlaw jersey off ebay many years ago. Even though the listed size was questionable, I just looked at the picture of the jersey on a hanger and determined that it would fit me. It's actually meant for like a 5 year old. I'm thinking it will finally fit my kid this year, so look for a small blonde kid wearing the number 45 on December 5th. We'll probably be the only Magic fans there. Prior to Dwight there were literally like 5 of us at games. The numbers obviously increased in times of prosperity, but they're down again.

I've only been to Orlando once, a couple of years ago, but it was in the summer, so I couldn't come see a game. Can't wait though. Aside from things that actually matter in the grand scheme, attending a Magic game in Orlando is at the top of my bucket list.

So by loyal you mean blind to reality. :)