CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

with parker going out for season and the kings firing their coach (and talking about playing only 4 players on defense... lol), we have a better chance at making the playoffs than actually getting a top 5 pick. I see us in the 10-15 range - if we miss the playoffs.

I can see us going with a rim protector or big that can shoot. If quinn walks (im only giving him 3-5 mil), we will need depth at big. This draft is deep with big man and the talent lies there too.

Myles Turner (best fit)

Willie Cauley-Stein

Frank Kaminsky

Cliff Alexander

1st three right. Not a big Alexander fan. 4th is Porzingis.

You been peaking at Chad's big board?

Clint (Utah)

Every year you put out your "tiers" board. It seems like you have a top 4 in this draft. Where do they rate on your tiers system?

Chad Ford (1:37 PM)

Jahlil Okafor, Emmanuel Mudiay, Karl-Anthony Towns, Kristaps Porzingis in some order. Okafor is the sure thing. Towns has a higher ceiling, but isn't as polished. Mudiay has huge upside, but is still raw in critical areas. Porzingis interesting combination of size, athleticism and skill. If he were playing in the NCAA, he'd get more mentions as a potential No. 1 pick. Those four are in the Top Tier for now and really have been since our first Big Board in July. So far, nothing has changed in our Top 4.

http://espn.go.com/s...sider-chad-ford

I'll bet you a chicken tenders basket and a beer that we draft Kevon Looney. Fits need, team identity, and our draft range.

Looney in a nutshell is defense, effort and rebounding. Sounds like a player Hennigan would draft. How many forwards does this team need though?

Still think RJ Hunter would be a nice pick for us. His 3 point percentage looks unspectacular until you realize he takes 10 a game and a lot of them are off the dribble or from WAY down town (or both). He's not great at staying in front of his man but his size and length helps him get deflections and rebounds and such. Last year he lead his conference (same one EP was in) in win shares . In the NBA, with more space and less attention he could really fill it up. I also don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for Rob to pick a guy who has unlimited 3 point range given the contracts he gave to Frye and Gordon, and I think a guy like RJ who is a threat running through screens and can maybe play like a Korver-ish role could really help our offense.

Of course he plays for his dad at Georgia State so he's likely a four year prospect and this is all a moot point.

Looney in a nutshell is defense, effort and rebounding. Sounds like a player Hennigan would draft. How many forwards does this team need though

He's a good defensive 4 who can block some shots. We don't have that.

He's a good defensive 4 who can block some shots. We don't have that.

That's true, I'm just worried about lack of minutes for him and also that he could end up being very similar to AG given that they're virtually the same size and weight... He's definitely more of a legitimate 4 than AG though. I could maybe see him becoming like a Taj Gibson which would obviously be great for this team. Like I say, I like him a lot and I probably wouldn't take your bet either.

That's true, I'm just worried about lack of minutes for him and also that he could end up being very similar to AG given that they're virtually the same size and weight... He's definitely more of a legitimate 4 than AG though. I could maybe see him becoming like a Taj Gibson which would obviously be great for this team. Like I say, I like him a lot and I probably wouldn't take your bet either.

I wonder if we could trade up for towns. He might be #1 on our big board

I wonder if we could trade up for towns. He might be #1 on our big board

it takes a lot to move up. look how much it took to move up from 12th to 10th for payton. I think the cost would be too much.

I would give D'Angelo Russell a serious look. Big guard, can play either position but more importantly can score in many different ways and he is shooting over 43% from deep. Still would take a premier PF first but if they're none there—I'll take a big time scorer.

I would give D'Angelo Russell a serious look. Big guard, can play either position but more importantly can score in many different ways and he is shooting over 43% from deep. Still would take a premier PF first but if they're none there—I'll take a big time scorer.

Agreed.