CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Sure, but it is worth going and paying a guy like Kuofos when you already have a moderately serviceable backup? I just think the money could be better used elsewhere, but that's just me

I think it could very well be. Koufos projects to be a top 10 defender at the 5 spot and that is something we desperately need. He also is a tradable asset.

We could also throw both guys out there now and then if we need to go big and grind for a bit.

Im not sure where else the money could be used or should be used besides grabbing one more PG. We have a lot of guards and Forwards.

If by some insane reason Aldridge or Love expressed interest, than I would gladly spend on them since they are elite PFs, but thats not going to happen.

This is not true. Harris (who is only 22 and giving close to 18 ppg) IS worth that much and the market will prove you to be incorrect.

The only people split on his position are people that don't grasp that teams don't label a player like that anymore. Rob said on TV last tonight with Skiles that they value roster flexibility and Harris and Gordon are 3/4s. That is how the NBA is now. It's not wrapped up in a pretty little bow where you can say - he's a PF or he's a SF.

Harris is actually a rather nice stretch 4 when he plays that role and we need to see how Skiles designs his defense before we judge too harshly on how good or bad these guys will be in it.

Hs measures at a 6'11 wingspan which is just fine for defending bigs.

Exactly, nice post. People are just making things up to prove a narrative that does not exist.

You need to be a better shooter to be considered a real stretch 4. Harris only shot the 3 ball well from the corner. Also, averaging nearly 18 ppg on a team that hasn't won more than 25 games in 3 years is little to be proud of, see every Philly player from the past 4 years.

Again, I would just rather spend the money elsewhere. That's all.

I love Harris at the 4 next to Gordon. I just love how the roster can interchange. If we get a bruiser to slide in when needed at 4 and land Koufos to backup Vuc, we will have a rather stout front court bench.

I think we need one pf/c if we keep Harris so we can just run a Harris/Gordon/Hezonja rotation at 3 and 4. Give the pf/c 6-8 minutes at pf per game and all of the backup center minutes.

Or maybe that guy is Frye and Skiles can coach him up. Then we just need one boulder shaped guy at c that can give us 8 minutes a game for 37 games or whatever that we can keep at the end of the bench.

But if our rotation is

Payton-Oladipo-Gordon-Harris-Vucevic

Fournier-Hezonja-frye

That means each guy gets 30 mpg. Let's take 4 minutes from Fournier and 8 minutes from Frye. You have another 12 mpg to hand out. Where do they go? Point guard or center?

Obviously this hinges on resigning Harris. If we go in another direction it would make the most sense to throw a bunch of money at a big man.

we just came from a playoffs where Harrison Barnes defended Zach Randolph. Harris at the 4 isn't a big deal.

It's not a big deal, but is it really what you want?

We played like crap with Harris at the four, I don't care if he technically outscored his counterpart-we stunk. Whether he was at the three or four it doesn't matter, he doesn't bring enough to the table to be a starter on a good team. Bench players don't need to be making 12+million a year in the league where the average salary is closer to 6. He is a career 13/6 player (not 18ppg) and despite remarkably improving his spot up corner three last year he is still wildly inconsistent on the only things he does well, which is score or rebound on occasion. He is an empty stat person.

I don't dislike the guy, but this place is so far up his ass it's unreal. He isn't that good! He is so easily replaceable that most here will forget him once he moves on, which is hopefully to a winning team. This is the perfect example of the vocal minority preaching skewed stats and stating convoluted opinions as fact so much here that the board mentality thinks it's true.

Great draft by Rob and Co. Looking forward to summer league to see Hedonism on full display!

It's not a big deal, but is it really what you want?

No, and the point is moot as Barnes is a superior defender to Harris.

Sure, but it is worth going and paying a guy like Kuofos when you already have a moderately serviceable backup? I just think the money could be better used elsewhere, but that's just me

Is that logic the same with paying 12-15 million for a 3/4 when we have two-three other serviceable players that can play that position?

We played like crap with Harris at the four, I don't care if he technically outscored his counterpart-we stunk. Whether he was at the three or four it doesn't matter, he doesn't bring enough to the table to be a starter on a good team. Bench players don't need to be making 12+million a year in the league where the average salary is closer to 6. He is a career 13/6 player (not 18ppg) and despite remarkably improving his spot up corner three last year he is still wildly inconsistent on the only things he does well, which is score or rebound on occasion.

I don't dislike the guy, but this place is so far up his ass it's unreal. He isn't that good! He is so easily replaceable that most here will forget him once he moves on, which is hopefully to a winning team. This is the perfect example of the vocal minority preaching skewed stats and stating convoluted opinions as fact so much here that the board mentality thinks it's true.

Great draft by Rob and Co. Looking forward to summer league to see Hedonism on full display!

Can't say I disagree. Again, I don't mind Harris. He's the 4th option on a good team. If we pay him to be that guy than I'm fine with that, but that isn't likely.

Talk about the changing CAP and whatever else you want, I personally wold rather spend that money elsewhere.

Is that logic the same with paying 12-15 million for a 3/4 when we have two-three other serviceable players that can play that position?

I don't think a backup center playing 10 minutes a night is the same thing

Can't say I disagree. Again, I don't mind Harris. He's the 4th option on a good team. If we pay him to be that guy than I'm fine with that, but that isn't likely.

Talk about the changing CAP and whatever else you want, I personally wold rather spend that money elsewhere.

Where? For whom?