CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I think Terrence Jones can be had without being too costly, anybody think we should take a shot at him?

Absolutely. He's got enough of a 3 point shot to stretch the floor, and he can rebound and play defense well enough. I think we pair someone like him or David West next to Vuc, and we've got our starting 4 and 5 for next season.

Reading randle dropped 20 pounds and improved his shot..a lot..so they don't wqnna deal him

That's the rumor I'd put out if I was trying to trade him.

Look, I love pass first point guards. And I wasn't trying to say it's specifically Payton that we need to trade. But the reality is this team can't shoot, and we need a couple people who can if Payton and the other guys who can't shoot ever want to make it to the basket to score. I'd love to see these guys develop into lights out shooters, but let's be realistic. Oladipo is the only one showing signs of that potential. I'm just saying, I think at this point Henny probably doesn't see anyone on this team as "untradable" at this point. We've got pieces, but they're one dimensional. If there's a team out there that thinks they need that one dimension to put them over the edge, and is willing to offer something we need, then I think he pulls the trigger. And I don't blame him.

My point is that EP does not have to be a lights out shooter for this team to succeed. He contributes in many ways and is in no way one dimensional.

I think Terrence Jones can be had without being too costly, anybody think we should take a shot at him?

We should but he's going to cost too much

Remember when the media was heavily reporting that Dwight was getting traded for brook Lopez, that scoring 2 from Rutgers or something whose name escapes me, and a future first that was likely going to be in the 20s?

That's this deal. It's the exact same situation

Ok, explain to me what other value LA can provide to get more pieces.

Look, this deal is great for us but it makes no sense for Sacramento because there is no need for these artificial limitations that require LA to get cousins. Many smart basketball people find this deal laughable because LA doesn't have the chips to get cousins nor the additional value to bring in a third team.

I know but again we don't know all the parameters so it's impossible to assess who was actually discussed. Any time there are 3 or more teams it gets real hairy real fast.

He's too costly.

My point is that EP does not have to be a lights out shooter for this team to succeed. He contributes in many ways and is in no way one dimensional.

Sure, but having a PG where defenders go under the pick and roll instead of above is a big problem for our offense. And I'm just using a phrase when I say one dimensional. Obviously there are plenty of dimensions to basketball, and any rookie who has several triple doubles has several of those dimensions. But for every incredible aspect of Elfrid's game, there's also a horrible deficiency. I love EP, but he's not "untradable". I think it will be interesting to see if Henny continues the current route, or ends up bailing on one of our young guys for the short term to try and make the playoffs.

Remember when the media was heavily reporting that Dwight was getting traded for brook Lopez, that scoring 2 from Rutgers or something whose name escapes me, and a future first that was likely going to be in the 20s?

That's this deal. It's the exact same situation

Yes but remember that Dwight did end up being traded in a 3 way.

All Im saying is I wouldn't be shocked if we do end up trading Vuc in the next few weeks.

The problem is that the team is not currently balanced. You're right that if he's the point guard on a team that puts 2-3 good to really good shooters around him, maybe it's not as big of an issue. The problem is that we haven't constructed the team like that.

Yes but remember that Dwight did end up being traded in a 3 way.

All Im saying is I wouldn't be shocked if we do end up trading Vuc in the next few weeks.

Oh. I'm sorry if you thought I was arguing about Vucevic. He could absolutely be traded. I'm just saying there's no way the deal they're discussing is possible because it operates in a vacuum where the analysts imagine how to get cousins to the Lakers. Vucevic can absolutely be traded to Sacramento but it's more likely that it involves a three way with Boston or Milwaukee or Phoenix or Portland than LA.