CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I'd imagine if we really like Russell that much it would involve trading Payton as well. If you think Russell is that good, you want him to have the ball in his hands as often as possible. A Russell/Payton backcourt diminishes the value of both. Just like it'd be crazy to have a curry-rondo backcourt. Or a Nash-Jason kidd back court.

Maybe Payton would be part of a Sac trade if we were targeting Russell.

the best rumor I saw was 5 and Frye for favors and 12.

The fact I had to sit and think about it for 25 minutes makes me think it's probably a fair deal. Still not sure if I'd do it but who knows.

You don't think we need offense from the backcourt? We have a PG who can't shoot, and a SG whose primary move is straight to the basket. And if Gordon is on the court at the 3....Without some better shooting in the backcourt, our big men don't have any room to move in the paint. I think you need a good mix of both offense and defense in your backcourt and frontcourt and I think our current roster is out of whack.

Agree 100%.

Everyone says we need a star, but when it comes time to get one, people start making excuses. "We don't need scoring from the backcourt" is wild to me. We need scoring from everywhere.

I'd understand that. But then why is Vucevic needed?

LA literally has 3 worthwhile assets, #2, randle, and way way down the line Clarkson. If that's not enough to get cousins then a third team needs to get involved to up the ante. The problem is, LA has nothing else to entice us to join the trade. That's why this is impossible.

Like during the Dwight trade, la wanted Dwight and had the assets to get Dwight but we didn't value Bynum based on the direction our franchise was moving. So we brought in a third team to obtain more assets that we value for Bynum.

There is no other tradable asset that LA has to bring in a third team so this conversation about cousins to LA is moot.

Sacramento probably wants a really good C to replace the one they are shipping off.

the best rumor I saw was 5 and Frye for favors and 12.

The fact I had to sit and think about it for 25 minutes makes me think it's probably a fair deal. Still not sure if I'd do it but who knows.

I wouldn't

Agree 100%.

Everyone says we need a star, but when it comes time to get one, people start making excuses. "We don't need scoring from the backcourt" is wild to me. We need scoring from everywhere.

Sacramento probably wants a really good C to replace the one they are shipping off.

Fantastic, but then why is LA needed?

Fantastic, but then why is LA needed?

Because they want Cousins and most likely a team under the cap who can take on contracts is needed to balance the trade.

Agree 100%.

Literally our biggest need is a guy who can score with the ball in his hands. Everything comes after that

I wouldn't

Yeah, not sure I would either. But then you think about favors putting up pretty good numbers last year and we could run a Payton-Oladipo-Harris-favors-Vucevic lineup with Fournier-Gordon-and #12 which is in the wcs, Turner, Payne area and a nice free agent to fill the gap at pg or C based on who we pick and that's a pretty fine 9 man rotation.

Now, still not sure I do that, but it's at least grounded in reality