CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

We get it. but WCS is a great defender. The busts being listed could not cover all 5 positions like this guy can. He is debatable as the pick for the Magic but a pretty safe bet as a guy who can bolster your defense.

We get it. but WCS is a great defender. The busts being listed could not cover all 5 positions like this guy can. He is debatable as the pick for the Magic but a pretty safe bet as a guy who can bolster your defense.

Or be a utility big man on someone's bench a la Ian mahinmi. But yeah...

Or be a utility big man on someone's bench a la Ian mahinmi. But yeah...

I think he will be a starting C for a team that has good shooting and ball movement. That would be my bare minimum expectation and where he would be a good fit. Again, a guy that can run the floor and close out on stretch 4s is not a common type of player to find.A smart coach will maximize his offense as a put back and pick and roll guy and slowly let him develop his midrange shot over time.

I think WCS will fall somewhere between solid backup and total bust

What was your opinion on Noel? Just curious. That guy had a lot of doubters and now about everyone here seem to want him to play PF for us.

What's the word on Porzingis? That player fills a need in PF.

Most of the board are pretty split on him but I for one love him. He's my 3rd favorite prospect behind Hezonja and Winslow and he fills everything they're looking for. He can stretch the floor and is underrated IMO as a shot blocker. Everyone is worried about his weight but reports are saying that he's up 10 lbs since the end of the season. I believe Gordon can add weight and play PF just fine but if they see him as a long term SF than I'd be fine with Porzingis as the 5th overall pick.

I think he will be a starting C for a team that has good shooting and ball movement. That would be my bare minimum expectation and where he would be a good fit. Again, a guy that can run the floor and close out on stretch 4s is not a common type of player to find.A smart coach will maximize his offense as a put back and pick and roll guy and slowly let him develop his midrange shot over time.

I will agree with this. Just not anything that has to do with Dwight Howard.

What was your opinion on Noel? Just curious. That guy had a lot of doubters and now about everyone here seem to want him to play PF for us.

I wanted us to draft Noel :D Also liked McLemore a little but I wasn't in love with any of the guys from that draft