CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Are there any updates out there about player workouts and such? It's 20 days until the draft and I would figure we would hear much more about player work out rumors and such.

I'm sure I posted a couple of days back about this but I can't find it now?

Anyway so far I've heard (from twitter) we've interviewed or worked out:

Kameron Woods from Butler

Marcus Tarrance from Middle Tennessee State

Wesley Saunders from Harvard

Essentially just 3 guys who'll probably go undrafted.

Exactly. These are summer camp invites.

Why do you keep making childish comments and smilies at the end of your posts? Let it go, or if you want to argue PM me and we can talk about it there.

The point I am making is that there is nobody at a top 5 with a for sure incredibly higher ceiling than WCS. The guys with the highest potential also can be colossal failures. WCS is the best defender in this draft. He is not an offensive juggernaut but he could be one on defense.

When you say"improve his numbers" it sounds like you are just parroting stuff you read to make a half point. What numbers? His rebounding, assists and steals all went up his Senior year. His personal fouls went way down. Why is that? Usage. He was being used more like Aaron Gordon was and they were letting Towns play the shot blocking role. Why is that? Because WCS can guard anyone. He can be put on the opposing teams PF who played outside of the paint, or put on that SF who was playing PF in a 3 SG lineup, because college hoops has weird lineups like that.

If you are going to reference numbers going down, give us a reason. Don't just say his numbers didn't improve without demonstrating that you know why that happened. It just make for terrible discourse.

The Excuse I predicted :/

I <3 Wesley Saunders. Dude is going to have an NBA career

I don't know too much about him really. I've heard he's a crafty scorer type. Considering he's a more decorated college player than those other two I'd have to imagine we actually have a hope for him maybe making camp whereas the other 2 seem like guys to make the numbers up at summer league.

I like Saunders as well. I'd take him over Marble. Good size with good physical traits. His shot improved this year though the sample size is really small. But I could see him catching on with a team in the second round.

The Excuse I predicted :/

That's funny because I posted facts, not excuses. What did you predict exactly?

Do us a favor and explain his dramatic decrease in personal fouls his senior season next to Towns.

That's funny because I posted facts, not excuses. What did you predict exactly?

Do us a favor and explain his dramatic decrease in personal fouls his senior season next to Towns.

You do realize WCS is a Junior not a senior correct? Yikes :/

You do realize WCS is a Junior not a senior correct? Yikes :/

Typo, but you get the point. He played 3 seasons.

Are you done trolling or do you want to actually answer one of my questions?

Typo, but you get the point. He played 3 seasons.

Are you done trolling or do you want to actually answer one of my questions?

We will just keep going in circles. I'll point out how, in 3 years in college (4 to your knowledge), his numbers stayed relatively the same and he failed to develop at all on the offensive end of the floor, and you'll say the numbers are deceiving because of players around him, scheme etc. This is a guy who couldn't post up a point guard in the tournament.

Season School Conf G MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% TRB AST STL BLK PTS

2012-13 Kentucky SEC 29 23.6 3.6 5.8 .621 3.6 5.8 .621 0.0 0.0 1.1 3.0 .372 6.2 0.9 0.8 2.1 8.3

2013-14 Kentucky SEC 37 23.8 2.9 4.8 .596 2.9 4.8 .596 0.0 0.0 1.1 2.2 .482 6.1 0.7 1.2 2.9 6.8

2014-15 Kentucky SEC 39 25.9 3.5 6.1 .572 3.5 6.1 .572 0.0 0.0 2.0 3.3 .617 6.4 1.0 1.2 1.7 8.9

Let's recall that, I don't mind WCS. He's always been in my top 3, just theres a gap there IMO.

The entire basis of my argument against WCS is I think we could get a player with a much higher ceiling at 5. Now if we were at 7 or 8 I think it makes more sense. I would completely understand the logistics behind WCS if Rob decides to draft him. It's obvious where he would improve our roster. My wife would be able to see that. But (now this is my opinion, I don't have physical evidence that I could submit to you) I feel like we should draft either Mario or Winslow there because (again, this is my opinion) they have the potential to be all-stars (not superstars) in this league. Whereas (again this is my opinion) WCS projects as a good role player at best to me.

There. Ideally we could move on after this, but time will tell. I'd like to get past this, I won't post anymore :/ faces or "Troll" you.