CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Serious behavior and drug problems. Not sure if he is a Henny guy to be be honest.

Doesn't run the floor that smoothly. Remember, WCS played WR up until his last year of high school football.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying if we're that desperate for a rim protector, let's just trade back with Boston for 16, 28, and maybe a player or a future second rounder. Then we can double down on two guys. That's the range for Upshaw, lyles, wood, or portis for big men and another pick for Jerian Grant or Justin Anderson if picking at 16 or delon Wright or George Lucas at 28.

i can't believe im saying this but im on the wcs train. choo choo

at worst case he's a great defender with length. if he can shoot consistently then he could be really good offensively. if defenders respect his shot then he'll be able to drive right by with his speed.

im convinced he can play pf with vuc too, for spurts, then fill the rest of his minutes as backup center with AG at pf to form a pesky (too say the least) frontcourt

I realise it's easy for me to say this since my job isn't on the line but I say try and hit a home run with this pick. Pick the guy you think has the best chance of becoming a star. If it doesn't pan out then it doesn't pan out but we have a pretty solid core already and drafting a great player over a really good role player here could be the difference between getting bounced in the second round and winning a championship.

I realise it's easy for me to say this since my job isn't on the line but I say try and hit a home run with this pick. Pick the guy you think has the best chance of becoming a star. If it doesn't pan out then it doesn't pan out but we have a pretty solid core already and drafting a great player over a really good role player here could be the difference between getting bounced in the second round and winning a championship.

I agree with this. There's a good chance this will be our last chance at a high lottery pick, and we're still looking for the franchise player.

I agree with this. There's a good chance this will be our last chance at a high lottery pick, and we're still looking for the franchise player.

So at the end of the day it all comes down to what's been said the past two drafts: Draft BPA not Position Need

Jason (Manhattan (NY))

Your mocks have been pretty consistent with Kristaps Porzingis to the Magic at 5. How concerned should Magic fans be that either the 76ers ignore their need for PG and take him, or that Orlando continues to take athlete's that can't shoot and go with Willie Cauley-Stein?

Chad Ford (1:31 PM)

I continue to hear Porzingis there. He fits a need, is a great shooter and at 5, I think he's a steal. I know Rob Hennigan is a fan. I'd be a bit surprised on Cauley-Stein. They do need rim protection and he's a great fit. But I can't see putting him on the floor with Aaron Gordon and Oladipo. No one could score on them LOL. But I'm not sure they could score either. I actually think if Porzingis isn't there or they don't take him, Myles Turner would be the other guy that would make a lot of sense for them. Turner can really shoot it too.

http://espn.go.com/s...sider-chad-ford

What draft pick this year are we building our team around? Probably none.

And yeah the Tony Allen of Centers sounds great to me. That guy was money in the playoffs until he got hurt.

Like I was saying before..the Magic look like they will be able to run a 4 out 1 in offense at some point that could be lethal. Why? They do not have the shooters yet, but they have guys who can create off the dribble. Those are usually the guys that such a team is missing (ATL Hawks, perfect example).

Everyone here says if Elfrid and Dipo get space, watch out. Well that only happens with a rim protector at 5.

The Tony Allen comment is funny I thought about it earlier before seeing it here. Of course my line of thinking was that the other team would just do to WCS what the Warriors did to Tony Allen in game 4: Put no one on him defense and funnel the ball to him. I imagine it would have a similar effect

Then it may Porzingis that we take. He does provide shooting and rim protection. It is a risk, but he would be the guy.

I like how Chad Ford admitted that WCS on this team would make it impossible for people to score on us. I think that falls in line with Skiles "top 5 defense" statement.